Author Topic: Building a vehicle with HPM5000  (Read 6855 times)

Offline urosv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • GoldenMotor Slovenia, Croatia
Building a vehicle with HPM5000
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »
Hi mates...
I was wondering what exactly do you need for building lets say a trike or quad, focusing on electric part.

1. Motor? In my case HPM5000 (48V)
2. Controller? I did not find any detailed info regarding HTC100 ? Any help
3. Some kind of display to see what going on in the wires :)  ? Is there any display for HTC100 ?
4. A lots of wires
5. Throttle, Goldenmotor foot control ? Is this ok... probably yes...
6. Wiring diagram for controller and motor
7. Battery (for example: 4x 12V/50Ah)
then my questions ...
?. What is with protection(any other fuses, detectors etc..?)
?. Other parts regarding propulsion only, leave the horn, lights etc. out for now

Maybe a few pointers for starters like me...

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Building a vehicle with HPM5000
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »
Hey it's my electric beer symbol friend!
I see you are still losing sleep thinking of all the rubber you want to burn with electric power muhuahhahaa :P

My number 1 experience building has been not factoring, or even thinking about battery power.

I would take the budget you have explained now for controller, motor and throttle etc. and double-possibly triple that amount and thats what you will need in total for batteries + your machine.

How far do you want to travel in this?

If it's just for short runs you could get away with a minimum 48V power setup, but the current usage is huge - you will need to limit the controller. You mentioned a 'screen' available and there was one on the GM site but it has vanished (it was for the HPC300/500). I see they have put the new wheelchair controller on there too. Anyways maybe contact Tom tom@goldenmotor.com and see if you can still get one. They were $380 or something from memory. Looks like the model number has to do with the current rating - 100B = 100-300A, 300 = upto 300A, and the 500 upto 500A.

Really depends on the $$$ you want to spend on batteries, you have pretty much all the parts in your questions apart from a frame :)

Wow people are really power hungry these days its fantabulous

Offline urosv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • GoldenMotor Slovenia, Croatia
Re: Building a vehicle with HPM5000
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:44:15 AM »
MonkeyMagic thanks for your intro. Let me put it this way. Since I have a 4wheel ATV lying around in my garage. Frame, wheels axle and all together from times that I import ATV-s. All I need now is electric modification. The money is an issue off course but items on Goldenmotor will beat this to with proper and solid price lists.

Oh yes I will send email to Tom to see what ingredients are available for controller and what kind of software management can I use to handle the proper settings.

Is there any detailed PDF on that 5000W motor ? Technical paper?