Author Topic: Gear Motors  (Read 5652 times)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Gear Motors
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »
Hi Golden Motor. Do you have plans in the future to offer high powered geared motors? It would be nice to have such an  option and an alternative to BMC.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Gear Motors
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »
The minimotor.

They have gears.  Auto sensorless mode fails on gear motors and thats a big rain on a customers parade who is not up to the repairs.

The whole world is isolated from getting parts.  Not just you and me.  So gearless is a much better option.

I think if I owned a BMC it wouldnt be going today. Nylon gears on a powerfull motor? there is only so much in that???  Try metal gear.  ANOiSY

Quote of BMC retailer.

Can I use BMC motor off-road?
The motor can be used for light off roading such us gravel roads but jumping and riding over obstacles may damage motor gears.

Ouch.  A pot hole in the road and the powerfull motor is finished.

Comment on youtube.
thank you for the clarification, the replaced gear assemble was came? from MAC, not from BMC. We ordered it from BMC, it took more then 9 month to get the part.

Honestly youre on a good thing, even clyte are not going to the effort GM are going to to improve their products.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:24:34 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
Hmmmm I think you have a point! + you get regen with gearless! It would be cool though if they could improve the top end speed with more torque with gearless motors. I'm surprised I haven't noticed any motors rated above 1kw?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 07:38:50 AM »
Hmmmm I think you have a point! + you get regen with gearless! It would be cool though if they could improve the top end speed with more torque with gearless motors. I'm surprised I haven't noticed any motors rated above 1kw?

Put your volts up to the motor and you get some watts. But I suggest you dont.

There is a way of making electronic gears, it is more like vacuum advance system on cars ithat cause the spark ignition to back off and advance on hills and flats etc ..  The Pie with a bigger circumference would be good for it.

I don't have the equipment yet to implement it, but I one day will succeed.  Or maybe GM do it before I do would be fine.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:42:39 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 12:06:42 PM »

Put your volts up to the motor and you get some watts. But I suggest you dont.

There is a way of making electronic gears, it is more like vacuum advance system on cars ithat cause the spark ignition to back off and advance on hills and flats etc ..  The Pie with a bigger circumference would be good for it.

I don't have the equipment yet to implement it, but I one day will succeed.  Or maybe GM do it before I do would be fine.

I've heard of star delta, I think they call it. It's way above my head though. + I think you loose a lot of torque that way?