Author Topic: PI200 Controller program for Magic Pie & Cruise Controler  (Read 25773 times)

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
PI200 Controller program for Magic Pie & Cruise Controler
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »
  ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
 ;D PI200 Controller program for Magic Pie & Cruise Controler
This Programer may help any  one remap there  Controller
 :) What a great Idear thanks Golden Motor  
Magic Pie & Cruise Controler what are the  factory settings???
PI200 Controller program what are the  factory settings???
901           24v    36v    48v
902           24v    36v    48v
Magic Pie   24v    36v    48v

What are the  factory settings??? for 902   24v    36v    48v  and Magic Pie   24v    36v    48v

Max Current ? A: Max Continuous Current setting. IS SET AT MAX
Max Peak Current ? A: Max Peak Current setting. IS SET AT MAX

Motor Type 120 / 60 ? A:120  A: BLDC

Pas Low Med High ? A: Set Pedel assist

Motor Voltage 24v 36v 48v ?
Can any Cruise Controler voltage be reprogramed to any voltage? A: Yes

Max Speed?  A: Set max Speed Forward.

Rev Speed? A:  Set max Speed Reverse.

Immed /  Unimmed ?  What dose this mean A: Immed: allows reverse to be selected Immediately.
Unimm: will only allow reverse to be selected after the motor has stopped. and is A:SET AT IMMED

Regen Brake ? A: Set Regerative braking percentage. IS SET AT MAX

Thiis is a great programe  8) Especially if you want to change voltages :D

The interface screen and leads are very easy to use and worked with XP and Vista NP  ;)
just plug in the interface lead from either Magic Pie or Cruise Controler and connect the other end to you PC via USB port. Nothing else needs to be pluged in ??? Now you can change all the setting to suit your self and save them to the controler or to file :o

PI200 Controller program  
Download Parameter Setting Software for PC Windows XP(PI200Setup.zip, 184KB)
LINK: http://www.goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/PI200Setup.zip
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:16:12 PM by Who42 »
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline rostac

• Lehokolo Velotechnik Scorpion fs
Re: PI200 Controller program for Magic Pie & Cruise Controler
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »
What is price model PI-200I

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:38:56 AM »
I believe the whole setup including delivery is around $50.

You are paying for the software too but that's is considered free.  I do feel the price will go down once the programming has matured and the sale of these have proven cost effective for its development.

There has some confusion over the small expensive USB wire that magically connects to the controller.

I see the value in all this.

Bring it on

Offline Rrominet

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »
Hello,

Has someone sources of the PI200Setup.exe program ?

It could be interresting to correct the "Store/Save" button which saves a max continuous/peak A to 15A or 16A, unless the "Factory Settings" button which saves more than 25A peak whithout problems.

Thanks for your help,

Offline csm

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »

Magic Pie   24v    36v    48v
Motor Voltage 24v 36v 48v ?
Can any Cruise Controler voltage be reprogramed to any voltage? A: Yes
Thiis is a great programe  8) Especially if you want to change voltages :D
PI200 Controller program 
Download Parameter Setting Software for PC Windows XP(PI200Setup.zip, 184KB)
LINK: http://www.goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/PI200Setup.zip

What is the effect of setting the voltage to 24v, 36v, or 48v? If it is set to 24v and you connect a 36v battery or 48v battery to it, what would happen? If you set it to 48v and connected a 36v or 24v battery to it, what would happen?? Would the motor or controller work? Would they get damaged? Would it affect performance of the motor/controller??
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:17:02 PM by csm »

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
i would like to know the answer to that question also. I know if you have it set on 48volt it will not run with a 36volt battery. however not sure if set at 36volt if it will have any effect when using a 48volt battery

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Controller Voltage settings
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
What is the effect of setting the voltage to 24v, 36v, or 48v? If it is set to 24v and you connect a 36v battery or 48v battery to it, what would happen? If you set it to 48v and connected a 36v or 24v battery to it, what would happen?? Would the motor or controller work? Would they get damaged? Would it affect performance of the motor/controller??

I would like to know the answer to that question also. I know if you have it set on 48volt it will not run with a 36volt battery, however not sure if set at 36volt if it will have any effect when using a 48volt battery.

The voltage selection of the software basically sets the controller's Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) setting, which should protect the battery pack from becoming discharged too much, which can result in permanent damage being caused to the cells.
As most modern batteries come with their own Battery Management Systems (BMS) which usually incorporates a more advanced LVC function, the controller can safely be set at 24V to allow different voltage battery packs to be used without having to reprogram it each time they are swapped.
So, if it is set to 24v and you connect a 36v or 48v battery to it, the controller will work perfectly well, but if you are using Lead Acid batteries (or LiMn, LiPo, NiCd or NiMh pack etc. without their own BMS) it would be advisable to set the controller to the corrrect voltage setting for the battery voltage being used to prevent the battery from becoming over discharged during use.

If you set the controller to 48v and then connect a 36v or 24v battery to it, it would not cause any damage whatsoever, but the motor would simply not run if the battery voltage was below the controller's LVC setting, which I suspect would be around 42V on the 48V setting.

As far as the performance is concerned, the voltage setting should not effect it, however, some users with 48V packs have reported that the torque seems to be improved if the controller voltage setting is set at 24V instead of 48V. ???

All of my controllers are set at 24V so that I can easily use any of my different voltage packs:
  • 25.9V LiPo (7 cell)
  • 29.6V Lipo (8 cell)
  • 51.8V LiPo (14 cell)

Although this obviously prevents the controller's LVC from protecting my battery packs, I always use a battery monitor with both a visual and an audible warning device (bright LEDs and a loud buzzer) to indicate when the pack's voltage is getting low. ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:34:18 PM by Bikemad »

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »
awesome thank you. alan. I really apreciate it