Author Topic: Goldenmotor  (Read 10164 times)

Offline arbiker501

Goldenmotor
« on: December 14, 2007, 05:32:35 AM »
Hi guys.

I tried to email Goldenmotor . Maybe I made a mistake or have a old email addy . What is the best way to get those guys.

I want to buy a 48 13 nimh pack. Any of you guys used one yet.

Offline Chris

Re: Goldenmotor
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »
Hi Arbiker

I have tried the nimh packs, not too impressed as the voltage drops off in them when you go up a hill after a while so the controller cuts out, back to the lead acid until I alter the controller cut off voltage point.

hope this helps

Offline al

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »
forget about these guys read some of my postings on Phil the pill etc, go to www.cyclone.com and speak to paco.High quality gear and it works at the right price.
Al.

Offline JohnnyRocketone

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 06:31:35 AM »
I would not get the small AH batt.  You need a 20AH batt.  I have the 48v 20ah LiFePo4 and I go up all the hills no prob.
Cannondale Super Vee 2000, 48v 1000w GM, LiFePo4 20AH, 3.5" Full Susp.
30 MPH, 26x3" tires.    Rides like a Caddy!   :-)

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »
Hi guys.

I tried to email Goldenmotor . Maybe I made a mistake or have a old email addy . What is the best way to get those guys.

I want to buy a 48 13 nimh pack. Any of you guys used one yet.

It is sometimes difficult to get hold of Phillip at GM.  Keep trying as he will eventually get back to you. I am not sure about the GM nimh packs but there have been a number of problems with the Lifepo4 that GM sells. I used the Foxpower Lifepo4 pack and recently bought another as it worked so well.  I have 1400+ miles on the GM 36v motor and foxpower pack thusfar with no problems. My dealings with GoldenMotor and e-bike build are in the link.

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=279.msg2825#msg2825

Offline TOM

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 05:30:44 AM »
www.goldenmotor.com
philip's email:  sales@goldenmotor.com
             tel:  +8613775620111

or you could email to me,  zhourenli@goldenmotor.com 
TOM
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:48:29 AM by TOM »

Offline JonMcClain

Re: NIMH Battery Packs & Other Battery Facts
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »
NIMH technology is certainly proven its meriit for electric bikes.  The problem is that all NIMH battery cells are not the same!  I am reasonably sure that your problem has to do with the DISCHARGE rate of the cells in your pack.  The discharge rate for Nimh Bats can vary from 1C to 20C.  The higer the "C" value, the higher the efective discharge rate. 

Standard size Nimh cells such as those provided with numerous electronic devices in sizes familiar to all (A, AA, C, D & etc) are manufactured to an industry standard that limits the discharge rate to 1-3C, a very low discharge rate.  If you, for instance, have a 9ah battery pack, the maximum discharge rate using these standard size cells will be 9 - 27amps when fuly charged.  Voltage of your pack is not an issue here.  The demands of your motor can easily exceed this and will cause the controller to cut out.  Several manufacturers such as Tenergy & others make non-standard high discharge cells that can discharge at rates as high as 20-30C.  These are ideal for ebikes.  The importance of discharge rate applies to all battery technologies including LiFeP04s and SLAs. 

Before purchasing any battery pack, make sure that they are assembled from cells that have an adequate discharge rate.  Many of the off brand Nimh & LiFeP04 packs are assembled from cells that have low discharge rates.  If your pack cannot match the surge demands of your motor, the momentary voltage will fall below the low voltage cutout settings of your controller and your bike will STOP!  It has nothing to do with the voltage of your pack or the state of charge!

Doing a little homework will save you lots of bucks!

Jon

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 10:06:27 PM »
www.goldenmotor.com
philip's email:  sales@goldenmotor.com
             tel:  +8613775620111

or you could email to me,  zhourenli@goldenmotor.com 
TOM

Is this GoldenMotor on E-Bay? Looks alot like it and they are using all your pics ect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1000W-48V-ELECTRIC-BICYCLE-E-BIKE-RETROFIT-KITS_W0QQitemZ330276599207QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330276599207&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Offline philf

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
Checked out the eBay listing - the eBay username equates to "www.elec-king.com".  Based on what you can get out of an online who-is search, it would seem that this is a different entity.  Looks like the e-bike kits are kind of a sidebar to their main focus (which looks like HID automotive lighting).

It's hard to tell who really makes what in China.  One of the chaps on ES has had his mitts on enough GM product to be convinced that they come from different factories.  Either that, or they're constantly changing/refining their manufacture.  Most hub motors are the result of a huge amount of hand labour.

Anyways, if Philip doesn't know who "elec-king.com" is, he should be miffed that the content from this site is being used verbatim to generate sales on eBay.  The shipping charge (at least to my part of the world) doesn't make the eBay seller competitive with buying from GM directly.  Interestingly, though, the customer satisfaction rating of the eBay fellow is perfect - only 18 units sold so far, mind you.  The only dissenter was someone who can't read.  The middle of the posting contains, in large bold print, that no battery is included with the wheel kit - although batteries are offered by the seller separately.  The buyer felt ill-used because he felt he was misled when no battery was shipped with his wheel.

The appearance of Tom, here, is new.  Looks like GM finally have someone who will be a regular contributor to the forum for problem resolution?  Welcome, Tom!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:03:36 PM by philf »

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 06:01:50 AM »
Checked out the eBay listing - the eBay username equates to "www.elec-king.com".  Based on what you can get out of an online who-is search, it would seem that this is a different entity.  Looks like the e-bike kits are kind of a sidebar to their main focus (which looks like HID automotive lighting).

It's hard to tell who really makes what in China.  One of the chaps on ES has had his mitts on enough GM product to be convinced that they come from different factories.  Either that, or they're constantly changing/refining their manufacture.  Most hub motors are the result of a huge amount of hand labour.

Anyways, if Philip doesn't know who "elec-king.com" is, he should be miffed that the content from this site is being used verbatim to generate sales on eBay.  The shipping charge (at least to my part of the world) doesn't make the eBay seller competitive with buying from GM directly.  Interestingly, though, the customer satisfaction rating of the eBay fellow is perfect - only 18 units sold so far, mind you.  The only dissenter was someone who can't read.  The middle of the posting contains, in large bold print, that no battery is included with the wheel kit - although batteries are offered by the seller separately.  The buyer felt ill-used because he felt he was misled when no battery was shipped with his wheel.

The appearance of Tom, here, is new.  Looks like GM finally have someone who will be a regular contributor to the forum for problem resolution?  Welcome, Tom!

There are more now looks like several are using his content for their e-bay sales.  You are right about the shipping though it really doesn't beat the GM site price when you add that in.  I agree with you it would upset me a bit if others used my site content to generate sales elsewhere. Kind of ticks me off they are using my picture and I did not send or give them permission to do so.