Author Topic: Fault codes list  (Read 2371 times)

Offline P617

• Confirmed
Fault codes list
« on: March 31, 2022, 01:15:20 PM »
First I need to say im new to this forum and have briefly read about soo many interesting thing that I need to come back to later, excited :)

So im have set up a 3 kw BLDC motor for the first time with a throtlle like this. https://butik.lidingomarin.se/11662-thickbox_default/ma160-72vdc-16000w.jpg

But when I connected the batteries and but the e-block to B+ there was 14 signals and flashes.
I then connected the computer, then it changed to 3 fault signals and flashes.

So my questions are...
Is there any fault code list available?
Is the software pre programed or do I need to do every setup from the beginning?
If so, is there any guide for this?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Fault codes list
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 10:23:32 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

If you are using the VEC-200 controller, there are a list of fault codes on page 5 of the VEC Controller Programming Guide

However, 14 flashes is not documented in that guide, but I suspect it may be because the controller thinks that the throttle is not in the idle state when the system was powered on.

I suspect that you will have to change the Throttle mode selection parameter from 1:Linear to 2:Hyperbola to suit that boat style throttle where neutral is in the middle position.
If that doesn't cure the problem, try changing the Speed throttle type from 1:Potentiometer to 0:Hall effect throttle (or vice versa) and see if it helps.

Alan

Offline P617

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 09:38:02 AM »
Will test this.
But do you know if the controller is pre programed or do I need to do every setup from the beginning?
If so, is there any standard values for this?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 06:29:39 PM »
The GM controllers are typically supplied with pre-set default settings usually based upon the chosen battery voltage, but it has no way of knowing which type of throttle a particular user is going to install.

There is also an icon within the PI800 programming software that resets the controller back to the default setting if necessary.

Alan

Offline P617

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 01:52:10 PM »
I tried to change these settings but it seams that I don´t have connection to the controller?

The COM4 port appears in the software program and changes to COM5 if I switch USB port, so I don´t understand why I should´t have any connection?
But I figured that that was the case since no parameters appear in the software when I connect to it. I have attached a picture on the software window.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 11:21:18 PM »
Have you clicked on the "Connect" icon?:

Here is a brief description of all the icons to clarify their function:

Alan

Offline P617

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 10:41:28 AM »
Now I got connected.
I switched back an fourth several times between linear/hyperbola and hall / potentiometer.

If  I remove the computer after I have switched I get 1 signal, if I let the computer stay connected I get endless signals.

Nothing happens when I turn the throttle, can it have something to do with the throttle or the values for the throttle in the software?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 04:10:37 PM »
After changing the parameters, I recommend saving them to the controller and then reading them back again from the controller to make sure that they have been saved correctly.
After confirming that the changes have been accepted correctly, the USB lead should be disconnected before powering up the controller to ensure the controller does not remain in programming mode (which I believe is usually a series 16 beeps - not "endless signals") .

I am pretty sure that the single beep (not a series of single beeps) is normal for the VEC200 controller when it is first powered up, but as I don't have one to test, I cannot confirm this.

The motor should respond to throttle movement for at least one of the four combinations of the Throttle mode selection and the Speed throttle type, but if it still does not respond, I suggest that you then start by checking the throttle signal output voltage between the Green & White  and the Black & White throttle wires to confirm that it varies between ~1V and ~4V from maximum Reverse to maximum Forward position of the throttle.

If the throttle signal does not vary as expected, the throttle may be incorrectly wired or there could be a poor connection somewhere.

If there is no voltage whatsoever on the Green & White throttle signal wire, check for 4~5V on the Red & White +5V supply to the throttle (measured relative to the Black & White Throttle Ground wire).

I don't know what values you currently have for the throttle, but some typical throttle voltages are shown below:

Unfortunately, I don't know what else to suggest.  :(

Alan