Author Topic: Who is myelectricbike?  (Read 9729 times)

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Who is myelectricbike?
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »
So, who is this guy?  Since the creation of this forum about a week ago, he has been the most active and most knowledgable user regarding the hub motor bike conversion kit. 

Well, myelectricbike, would you care to introduce yourself?  A little about your experience with your bike, how you bought your conversion kit, what your relationship is with the company, and how you have the inside track on new products and product testing?

I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

-Mike

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Who is myelectricbike?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
Please take the stage ahead of me and answer these questions about yourself so I might finish another project which I need to completely devote myself.

Offline Brandnew

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
I found a website by that name that sells conversion kits shipped by boat from China. Prices look good but if I remember right 5 week or longer wait. I am Gary Lockhart of Lagrange, Georgia USA and I go by Brandnew because I keep trying new things that are brandnew to me.

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 04:34:35 AM »
Just to clarify, this thread wasn't intended as a barb or attack against you, nor is it intended to question your sincerity or honesty.  I was just curious, seeing as you seem to know so much about the company and their products. 

I'm Mike, I live in Northern California (Stockton) and have a 6 1/2 mile commute each way.  I'm considering doing an e-bike conversion, but I'm still in the research/convince spouse phase.  As I've mentioned in another post, I have no connection with Goldenmotor, myelectricbike, watermelon, or anyone else for that matter. :)

-Mike

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:27:47 AM »
myelectricbike is the name of the site I first setup as a Windows based server asp forum prototype. It was intended only to explore the development of an owner’s forum and to serve as a reference and example of an owner's forum (owner of the product the company sells rather than the proprietor, partner or stockholder in a company). A great consternation of mine has always been the absence and need for such an owner's forum to discuss products purchased at Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. Many companies in fact do not want owners of their products to know each other, much less give them a public place online to discuss their products. Microsoft is an exception that served as an example with its news group forum [news]msnews.microsoft.com[/news] since (until it was created) you needed good luck to find, much less get an answer from, a Microsoft technician. Golden Motor on the other hand immediately realized the potential of such a forum and created this site before the myelectricbike prototype was even completely done.

I think it is kind of bold and brave for a company based in the middle of the P.R. of China to risk airing its laundry in front of the public for no other motive than to assure consumer satisfaction and product innovation.

Aside from this, I am just another Golden Motor owner. I knew I could help Golden Motor and other owners bridge some of the initial setup problems Golden Motor was having like the absence of an assembly manual or a charger manual written in unbroken English as my way of repaying Golden Motor for its fine products, affordable prices and support. I like Golden Motor products so much in fact; that I would greatly appreciate, being able to own its stock but alas, it is a private company. Not only did I decide to offer tech support whenever I could but to help Golden Motor sell their products and explore new possibilities but to explore beconing an East Coast distributor/dealer. Since Golden Motor (Philip Yao) is very supportive and open to this entire Golden Motor tech support and sales idea, answering questions, solving problems and taking orders has become a full time hobby.

With your help, Golden Motor products will steadily improve and hopefully like Wal-Mart prices will get even lower (if that is even possible – those people at the factory have to put supper on the table too!).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:07:12 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline Brandnew

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:17:10 AM »
Like OneEye I was curious about you too. Thanks for letting us know. Brandnew

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 09:19:28 PM »
... but I'm still in the research/convince spouse phase.  As I've mentioned in another post, I have no connection with Goldenmotor, myelectricbike, watermelon, or anyone else for that matter. :)

-Mike

Thanks for the laugh, Mike. I'm in the same phase, and the "convince spouse" portion is definitely the more difficult. I refer to her as the CFO, and she can be one tough cookie. Any tips on getting the purchase requisition signed?

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 03:41:26 AM »
I'm still working that one.  Probably doesn't help we just threw $30K at a new minivan