Author Topic: Alarm function not working on BAC-281P controller  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Leb

• Confirmed
Alarm function not working on BAC-281P controller
« on: June 10, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
Hi I am David and new to this forum

I have a question regarding the alarm feature on a new BAC-281P controller that I purchased from GM china beginning of june 19, I cannot get the alarm to set or work, I have an old GM controller that has hall sensor issue and is the reason for the replacement and expected the new controller to have the same alarm feature that is on and works on my old one.

I have mailed GM china numerous times for any info how to get the alarm to work with no reply from them so I wonder if you have any ideas or is it the controller that's faulty.

Hope you can help
Thanks David.

Offline Leb

• Confirmed
Re: Alarm function not working on BAC-281P controller
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »
Hi UPDATE
Just had a reply from GM Canada and apparently the alarm function was removed a few years ago  so the instructor on the China web site are old and the controller is operating normally. It’s a shame as this was a useful little feature.

Kind regards
David

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Alarm function not working on BAC-281P controller
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:47:01 PM »
Hi David andto the forum.

The alarm function on the external controllers was discontinued a bit more than "a few years ago", I would say it was more like eight or nine years.  ;)

Alan