Author Topic: VEC200 12 blinks  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Pierrick

• Confirmed
VEC200 12 blinks
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:58:54 PM »
Hi members, hi Alan !

I am new member here and I have some questions for you  ;D

I build a light motorcycle with 3KW BLDC 48v with VEC 200 running under 48V battery pack + Domino twist Throttle

I did 30 kilometres with the throttle switch (2 green cable ) plugged to the e-lock connector : it was a big mistake and it damage the controller definitely as turning on and off frequently..

So I bought a brand new VEC 200, I just received it.
I plugged the motor, bleu, green, yellow cable, battery B+ and B- cable and the e lock to B+, I plugged hall and temperature sensor as well, brake, regen, throttle.. left unplugged so far.
when I power on the sytème, I shorted the e lock connector so the controller is power on.

It blinks 12 times; means « Throttle input not correct »
When I plug the 3 pins throttle connector, it doesn’t change anything.

So here are my question : how to fix that ?

- Can he come from the data in the pi800 software ? ?here is what I have, I check what Alan suggested here : https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=6164.msg34401#msg34401
-
Throttle parameters settings
Throttle voltage range protection enable   1:Enable
Throttle mode selection            0:Hyperbola
Throttle maximum allowed voltage (V)      4
Throttle upper voltage fault exit value (V)    3.5
Throttle lowest allowed voltage fault exit value    0.4
Throttle lower voltage maximum valid voltage   0.7
Throttle maximum valid voltage (V)      3.2
Throttle minimum valid voltage    (V)      1.2

Speed throttle type   0:Hall effect throttle

- Can it comes from the throttle 3 pins connector wrong wiring ? ?here attached is the photos

- Is there a problem with the domino twist throttle, I guess no, as it was run before ?

Other suggestions ?
All advices and informations are very welcome  ;)

Thank you !

Pierrick

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC200 12 blinks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »
Hi Pierrick andto the forum.

The Domino twist throttle I looked at uses a 5k Ohm potentiometer (a variable resistor is used instead of a Hall sensor) and you should therefore adjust the settings in the controller to suit.

The Throttle mode selection should be set to 1:Linear for a motorcycle or car type throttle.

The Hyperbola setting allows a centre biased boat style throttle tobe used, which will increase the Forward and Reverse rpm from the centre neutral position in relation to the direction the throttle is moved. With a centre biased throttle, if the controller doesn't see a throttle signal voltage of between ~2.25 and ~2.5V when it is powered on it will produce the 12 blink error that you are seeing.

The Speed throttle type should probably be set to 1:Potentiometer for the Domino twist throttle but I would also expect it to work ok with 0:Hall effect throttle selected if the correct throttle voltage values are entered.

I would also set the following as per the foot throttle values and see if it works:

Throttle maximum allowed voltage (V)      4.5       <--- this value might need to be increased if the motor cuts out at full throttle
Throttle upper voltage fault exit value (V)    4.2
Throttle lower voltage maximum valid voltage   0.0
Throttle lowest allowed voltage fault exit value    0.2
Throttle maximum valid voltage (V)      4.0
Throttle minimum valid voltage    (V)      0.5

If it doesn't work correctly, you will need to measure the maximum and minimum throttle signal output voltages and alter the settings accordingly.

- Can it comes from the throttle 3 pins connector wrong wiring ? ?here attached is the photos

- Is there a problem with the domino twist throttle, I guess no, as it was run before ?

The throttle definitely appears to be wired correctly, but checking the throttle signal voltage output would confirm that it is still working OK.

Alan

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:06:12 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Pierrick

• Confirmed
Re: VEC200 12 blinks
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »
Hello Alan,

Everything works perfectly fine with the new setting and datas.
Such a nice feeling
Cannot say how much I thank you
Will send you a video soon maybe ?
 ;D
Best,

Pierrick