Author Topic: included brake levers  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Kattmonstret

• Confirmed
included brake levers
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:04:26 PM »
hi!

i received my motor kit to sweden in less than two weeks and everything seems to be working okay.. the wheel is "okay".. a little bit twisted but okay working good enough.. considering that the package was quite beaten up.

the only downside with shipping was that I hade to pay customs tax, even though the package stated that the content was worth just 45$ for some reason ;)

anyway.. the included brake levers are REALLY CHEESY, and I was wondering if there is any unforseen downside to not have them installed and have regular brake levers?

thanks

Offline ahend

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: included brake levers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
You are spot on in your assessment. From what I have read elsewhere, I think a lot of people are running without the brake cutoff switches. I ran my system for months without them and had no trouble with panic stops or throttle sticking. Because my bike has integrated shift and brake assemblies, I originally choose not to put them on. I do now have some micro switches installed because I have an electronic throttle hold that is really enhanced with the use of the brake cutoff. It also gives some extra confidence when I first switch on the system because I’m holding the brake and I know that it will not take off on me should something go wrong, and there is plenty to go wrong (like having the stock throttle connection misaligned causing a full throttle condition).

Offline Kattmonstret

• Confirmed
Re: included brake levers
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
ok thanks!

i will use my old Avid levers for now then :)