Author Topic: 36Volt/500watt controller  (Read 5563 times)

Offline marad73

36Volt/500watt controller
« on: May 21, 2008, 08:56:49 PM »
Hi guys,
I'm new to Goldenmotor and to this forum.  I got my 36volt/rear motor kit. I ordered the regen controller and pedelec, which I won't use at first.
The system looks great for the amount but I have a question about the controller. 
I plan to use a 30 cell - 10A. NiMH pack which I built. (built many for RC electric planes)  The cells are made by Tenergy and are very high energy density.  The pack weighs 10.3 lbs and easily fits in a back rack pack along with the controller and NiMH smart charger, which are going together nicely.
My question is:  This controller looks totally different than the the board shown in the previous threads about changing the values of R73 and R11.
Have they started to ship a new version of the controller??  Which has a different PCB design??  I can only find one of the resisters. (R11) and am not sure if this is one of the LVC resisters mentioned in the threads.
Does anyone have any info on this?  I would try to contact Philip but have not been successful with that in the past.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Ron ???

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: 36Volt/500watt controller
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »
Does the controller you picked up resemble the controller in this thread:  http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4282 ?

If so, Fetcher (one of the EE's who hangs out on Endless Sphere) is posting mod information on the controller to adjust the low voltage cutoff setting.

Offline ahend

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:43:55 PM »
I have a 30 cell 14A NiMH pack made from F sized Tenergy cells. Although I have the standard 36V/500W controller, the cutoff is around 31 volts – right about where it should be (1 volt per cell). If your regen controller is 36 volt, I suspect the cutoff is similar. Where do you want to take the low voltage cutoff to?

Andy

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
Does the controller you picked up resemble the controller in this thread:  http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4282 ?

If so, Fetcher (one of the EE's who hangs out on Endless Sphere) is posting mod information on the controller to adjust the low voltage cutoff setting.

Apparently that is specifically a 72V board, although he mentions it has also been seen in other voltage varieties with a similar board layout.

Offline marad73

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »
Thanks all for the info. who replied to my first post!
This controller is in a black case marked "REGEN BRAKING BLDC CONTROLLER" and is apparently made by Zhidong Electronic Appliance Co. Ltd.  The board, as I recall,  is SOMEWHAT similar to the replies.  I'll take the board out again and compare to the pix on the replies.  As soon as I compare it, I'll reply again with some pix of it.
Thanks again!
Ron :)