Author Topic: pre moded controller for the goldenmotor  (Read 4509 times)

Offline karma

• Confirmed
    • http://www.karmabike.net
pre moded controller for the goldenmotor
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:11:59 PM »
finding the sweet spot on the goldenmotor took some time but I think I found it.
ill be selling pre modded 48v controllers on my webpage after I move for anyone looking to get more performance out of there hubmotor
safely.

i have a few others interested.

Offline philf

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: pre moded controller for the goldenmotor
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
Heya, Karma...  Either your site is down, or my ISP is brain-damaged.  www.reg2u.com produces a DNS error.  Would love to see what's there :-)

As for modding controllers, the only thing I've done to the ones I've had so far is to replace the battery harness with something more substantial (with better connectors), and add a power switch to the unit.  I've also brought the two LEDs that are on the board out where you can see 'em.  One is just a power indicator (which I've replaced with a green LED) and the other (red) one provides information from the microcontroller that was too useful to be locked up inside the case.

It would be nice to know what all of the codes the status LED blinks out.  When the system is operating normally and idle, it just flashes at approximately 1Hz.  If there is something else to report, it does so.  For example, if I disconnect the hall sensor cable, it blinks six times rapidly, pauses, and repeats.  If the system is not operational because the brake interlock is engaged, it flashes two times quickly, pauses, and repeats.  There are probably plenty of other codes that could yield useful info - 'twould be nice to know what they are...

You'll notice I do run the controller in the bag - at 36V, it's barely even warmed up (though I did add heatsink compound to the coolrib when I reassembled, expecting it to run much hotter).  The small power switch is actually a double pole single throw job.  Each half is rated 12A at 250V - I wired both in parallel just to double the contacts.  No problems.

Offline Mel in HI

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09:42 AM »
That website resolves to an IP address, but the IP address is unreachable.

Offline philf

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:13:01 AM »
Yup... Now that I scrutinize it, it DOES resolve to something.  A 64 dot address.  But nothing alive at the other end.

Karma, yer killin' us here :-)