Author Topic: my first test drive  (Read 4723 times)

Offline sdalli

• Confirmed
my first test drive
« on: April 26, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
i bought 3x12v sla/agm 12ah batteries for the kit. yesterday I took it for a 1km ride (more or less) and had quite a good torque. today I took it for and other ride this time about 6kms. I felt a noticeable reduction in torque after around 3km and the controller started cutting out by the end of the ride, especially going uphill. isn't that two early?!

ps: the controller is standard (not regenerative)
     the batteries are new and each had around 12.7V when I bought them so I only gave them a 30 mins   
     charge just to test the charger. the batteries where making a hissing sound, like frying chips, is that ok?
     they're not doing that sound while charging today.

anyway I enjoyed the ride, especially when the batteries where fresh!

Offline sdalli

• Confirmed
Re: my first test drive
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »
i calculated the distance traveled using google earth and it was 11.45km (7.15Miles) not 6km. sry. but I did assist the bike especially in the last 3 kms!

Offline karma

• Confirmed
    • http://www.karmabike.net
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 03:55:21 AM »
the hissing and poping is normal for new sla. there going to need a few full charges to brake them in. :P

Offline sdalli

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:40:43 AM »
10x, and what about the range? will it improve? and by how much.

Offline karma

• Confirmed
    • http://www.karmabike.net
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 02:36:23 AM »
well 10x full charges is broken in, im not sure your going to get any better performance from  sla. for short runs there great. if there cuting out before you finish your ride you may wana look at another Chemistry. there coming down in price.

cheers