Author Topic: Items available from Golden Motor  (Read 6897 times)

Offline kickabear

Items available from Golden Motor
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:36:34 AM »
I'm going to start new topics as I think of questions.  I tend to get confused, otherwise...

Which items on the Golden Motor website are available to order?  I was under the impression that only the hub motor kit is available, and that all the other items were for bulk orders only.  Will the new East Coast ordering system show all of the products I can order from Golden Motor/myelectricbike.org?  I would love to get all this stuff from one place. 

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Items available from Golden Motor
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:48:46 AM »
Under the initial plan each kit configuration was tableized and presented with only a quantity textbox. This was because the initial system was intended to serve dealers only with the idea of eliminating email ambiguity and expiditing orders.

As development progressed it was seen that if a little attention was given to professional layout and design the system would serve customers as well. Since customers do not normally order more than one or maybe two kits at a time and only occasionally order more than one size a few compromises were made to accomodate both dealers and customers.

In line with professional design option buttons were used to replace the tableized layout. This means that dealers must now configure the items they want, enter the quantity, add the configuration and quantity to their cart and start all over again for each configuration they order.

In time dealers will be provided with the original tableized option but for now they must wait while attention is given to adding products and basic features that must be included.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:38:53 PM by myelectricbike »