Author Topic: 120VDC 5Kw BLDC motor/ Kelly controller KHB12151 Issues  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Rdolfi7

• Confirmed
120VDC 5Kw BLDC motor/ Kelly controller KHB12151 Issues
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:20:39 PM »
Hello,
I'm having issues setting up my 120VDC 5kw Golden motor to run with a Kelly KHB12151 controller.

I have rewired and tested my setup several times now, and confirmed the function of the throttle/reverse switch/contactor etc. The controller isn't displaying any errors.

I'm using a very large 120VDC benchtop power supply to power the setup. When I apply throttle, nothing happens. There is no current registered by the power supply, and there is no measured voltage at the output of the controller.

An interesting thing happens when I disconnect the hall/thermal sensor plug and repeat the excercise. Now when throttled up, the motor twitches, and there is current draw registered by the power supply. This leads me to believe this is a hall sensor issue. Is there any possibility that switching hall sensor wiring would fix this?

Offline Tommycat

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: 120VDC 5Kw BLDC motor/ Kelly controller KHB12151 Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 01:51:02 PM »
Hi Rdolfi7,
And welcome to the forum!  ;D

Just a few thoughts and questions to get things rolling...

The controller's GREEN LED light is on and never sets an error code? Even with the hall sensor plug removed?

Are you stepping down the benchtop power supply to 24 vdc for J2 pin #1 PWR terminal?

Is the regulated 5vdc supply voltage normal/available?

I'd be testing with just the bare input/outputs required if your not doing so already.

Have you established communication with it and verified correct setpoint parameters?

Granted, with no auto learn function, phase to sensor wiring might have to be changed. But no output voltage or current even if incorrect? No errors?

Regards,
T.C.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub E-Bike build  HERE.