Author Topic: LiFePO4 batteries for your bike - shops reviews.  (Read 7638 times)

Offline Ernie_13

• Confirmed
LiFePO4 batteries for your bike - shops reviews.
« on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:39 AM »
I bought already few packs of LiFePO4 batteries for different pedicabs I have and I found out it is not easy to google reviews and recommendations of Chinese (or other) shops offering lithium batteries for good prices. I´d like to start this thread as a place where we can review (recommend or warn each other) different online stores and share our experiences. I hope it is not against forum policy.

I took a risk (as I could not find any review) when I needed LiFePO4 battery 18 months ago and I tried to order from this website:
www.lifepo4.in

I can say that after I paid by PayPal everything went OK. It took aprox. 7-9 days to come to Europe and had no problems even with email communication. You can push price a bit lower if ordering more pieces (3+). Batteries came safely packed and everything including BMS (battery management system) and charger was/still is working perfectly. I ordered 48V/40Ah soft pack. Since then, I ordered 3 more packages and I know few more guys and they had positive experience as well. Don´t forget to mention what kind of plug you want for your charger (EU/US or other).
That´s it. :)

Please feel free to add your reviews of shops where you ordered batteries. So we can share interesting collection of battery dealers.

Offline Papagino

• Confirmed
    • Colloidal silver, your immune system's best friend...
Re: LiFePO4 batteries for your bike - shops reviews.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:17:19 PM »
Hi Ernie_13, I realize this topic is old, you had referred "www.lifepo4.in" for a cheap battery source.
When I check this website, they no longer accept PayPal for payment, only bank transfer.

I am corresponding with a guy named Eddy in this company, I got a quote, but I am reluctant to do a bank transfer as there will be no way of getting my money back if this is a fraud. Do you still have correspondence in your emails with this online store? Does the name Eddy rings a bell with you? Also, are the batteries you purchased from lifepo4.in still working ok?

Cheers
Dan

Offline Ernie_13

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 12:23:48 AM »
Hi Dan,

sorry for late reply. I am actively dealing with that website (namely with Eddie guy, over email) for past 4 years. Well what can I say, they are typical Chinese company. Service you will get is probably equal to the price. They changed for some reason probably a year ago option to pay by PayPal to bank transfer to Chinese account. I understood it was because PP were high fees. I still believe you can pay them by PP but for a bit higher price. Try to ask.

Over the time I make ober 10 orders from the, some of them were pricey orders when I was taking 3-4 batteries at a time (48V40Ah). I always received my packages and always working BUT, almost never on time. They always claim to send it to you ASAP and you should have it within 1-2 weeks from payment...well I never did...shortest I was waiting was 3 weeks AND ONCE I was waiting2 and a half months, got VERY nervous cuz order was big and I was affraid I got ripped off BUT they sent it. :P ...They said it was cuz my order was bigger and they were missing pasrt for which they had to wait. Their communication is always poor when you wait for package BUT as I´m saying eventually I always received my package. Once I even got free charger replacement within warranty. Right now I´m waiting for another free charger within warranty. They claim to send it soon but it is now already 2 months. :P ...well...

Offline Papagino

• Confirmed
    • Colloidal silver, your immune system's best friend...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:27:46 PM »
Thanks Ernie_13 for the heads up!

Cheers
Dan

Offline Hastings

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:07:17 AM »
I had a very good service and battery from PING batteries http://www.pingbattery.com . They are no ordinary chinese outfit.    Service was swift. Reply to Questions fast.  And When problems arose : Dont worry we will fix it -which they did