Author Topic: Help needed with HPC500-48 controller settings  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Grey

• Confirmed
Help needed with HPC500-48 controller settings
« on: October 21, 2020, 03:41:22 PM »
Help with controller settings hpc500-48
I built an electric ATV with a 30p13s battery (samsung inr 35e) Bms small ant300a And a gm10kw motor I find it difficult to understand what these settings are responsible for .. I can not find information anywhere

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Help needed with HPC500-48 controller settings
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

The only information I have seen for those controller is in the High Power BLDC Controller User Guide but it doesn't mention anything regarding the parameters highlighted in your screenshot.

I'm guessing that the Phase current runtime (S) is the number of seconds that the controller is able to supply the Phase max current (A) for.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the other four settings relate to, but I suspect it may have something to do with fine tuning the torque output of the motor.
Check out this whitepaper on BLDC motor control to see if any of it makes any sense to you, as it's far too advanced for me to understand.  ???

I would leave the default values alone unless you can notice any improvements by trying slight adjustments on a "trial and error" basis.  ;)

UPDATE:
Quote from: HPC Series Controllers Software User Guide
Bus max current (A)  The max bus (battery) current, will run at 50% when continuous runtime is more than Phase current runtime (S).

Phase current runtime (S)  The runtime of max current, the max is 180 seconds.    

Speed –I (%)    Controller speed control loop I parameter controls, range is 1 to 99, the greater the value, the faster the reaction, the smaller on the contrary, (should reduce this value if speed fluctuations large, on the contrary increase it). When used in cruise speed control, first adjust the parameter of P then the I.

Speed –P (%)    Controller speed control loop P parameter controls, range is 1 to 99, the greater the value, the faster the reaction, the smaller on the contrary, (should reduce this value if speed fluctuations large, on the contrary increase it). When used in cruise speed control, first adjust the parameter of P then the I.

Current –I (%)    Controller current control loop I parameter controls, range is 1 to 99, the greater the value, the faster the reaction, the smaller on the contrary, (should reduce this value if acceleration is too large, on the contrary increase it). When used in pedal speed control, first adjust the parameter of P then the I.

Current –P (%)    Controller current control loop P parameter control, range is 1 to 99, the greater the value, the faster the reaction, the smaller on the contrary, (should reduce this value if acceleration is too large, on the contrary increase it). When used in pedal speed control, first adjust the parameter of P then the I

Check out User Guide attached to this post for more details.

Alan

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:00:01 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Grey

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:46 PM »
Thanks, I figured it out. Are you curious to see what I have collected? I do not know if you can put links to other forums? There are photos ..

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 02:22:13 PM »
It's good to hear you've managed to figure it out, and it would be good to see what information you have discovered.

Please feel free to post links to useful information and pictures etc. on other sites/forums, just as long as they're not Spam links!   ::)

Alan

Offline Grey

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 02:34:54 PM »
https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=62580.0#topmsg
Everything is in Russian there.. Open it in google chrome - it will automatically translate everything into English.. There is still a problem with moving forward-I need full power at a sharp start. When moving backward, it is there, but when moving forward, it is not yet

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »
Thanks for the information, I have added the HPC Software User Guide to the PI-400 HPC Controller Programming Kit Software user Guide thread for others to find.

I will try to update my previous posts with some of this information.

Alan