Author Topic: Magic mx25 v2.0 malfunction  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Martin90

• Confirmed
Magic mx25 v2.0 malfunction
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
Hello, I was checking the type of controller of recently bought second hand scooter, because I didn't get any documentation. I was thinking about buying USB interface cable to see the settings and possibly derestrict the speed...  Now I know it is Magic mx25 v2.0, but after placing the controller back the scooter does not work anymore. I opened lid to see the cabels between controller, battery, throttle, and have not found anything looking demaged or disconnected, except for one black cable going from ebrake connector to nowhere(but I don't have ebrake, can it still be the problem?). LED voltage indicator works, battery charging works, but no reaction to throttle. The motor only runs when I disconnect Hall sensors, but then it runs immediatelly after placing key to on position without even touching the throttle. I don't know what to do, could someone help me, please?
Thank you in advance.
Martin

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic mx25 v2.0 malfunction
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 05:05:55 PM »
Hi Martin andto the forum.

If the motor is running without touching the throttle there must be a problem with the throttle or its wiring.

You will need to start by checking the voltage between the throttle wires at the controller connector:

Between Z/0V and T1/5V it should read 4.5~5V.
Between Z/0V and T2 it should read 0.8~1V with the throttle released. (The motor should only start to run above 1.2~1.25V and reach maximum rpm at ~3.25V.)

If the voltage on T2 is above 1V with the throttle released it is likely to be a faulty throttle or a broken ground connection going to the throttle.

I suspect that the black wire coming from the ebrake connector should be connected to the common black wire on another connector that loops across to all of the connectors to provide a common ground connection:

These wires are very thin and can easily be broken off if pulled or fatigued by severe movement at the connector crimp.

I would solder the disconnected wire to another black wire ensuring that all connectors are still included in the common ground (0V) circuit.
Tape the joint with insulation tape (or apply some hot melt glue) to try and prevent the wire from breaking off again.

Alan