Author Topic: "Watts Up" meter  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Werick

• Confirmed
"Watts Up" meter
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »
Hi:

Any of you guys use a "Watts Up", or equivalent monitor, on you EBike? I was thinking of installing one. How do you like it?

I was reading the specs and it looks like they use less than #10 wire for the connection.

Offline Jemen

• Confirmed
Re: "Watts Up" meter
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
Hi !
I got one "Watts Up " I had use it for my RC model and add it to my E Bike and it works very well on an E Bike also. On E bike is most important to see Ah, so I know how much power I have used.
If you got lot of money you could invest in a Speedict eBike. But you will need a android- or i-phone. It will keep track of your tour and watt usage. But you must always have the phone with you and it is no display on the device. I store my Ah usage in an excel-file so I know how much I have bike and Ah left. With RC models I use it mostly for max amp and voltage. More amp, more power, faster car. Races are mostly 5 to 8 minutes so no worries for empty batteries.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:18:17 PM by Jemen »

Offline Lu.Sochr

• Confirmed
Re: "Watts Up" meter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
Hi Werick

I am using watt meter from Turnigy, which is very similar. It is working great however there is big disadvantage that you need to set power wires over your handlebars, if you need to look at watts up meter during ride. This solution is not very usable and increasing lenght of power wires and therefor energy losses are increased as well. For this setup I would recommend cycle analyst which is much more usable during rides.

I solved this problem by putting watt meter into the rear bag together with my battery pack and I check readings from meter after ride (used Ah, peak current and voltage sag).

Hope this helps:-)

Lubos

Mongoose Salvo Sport 2012 with 901 Pro Kit and 36V15Ah LiFePo4