Author Topic: Ways that Golden Motor could improve it's service  (Read 3670 times)

Offline frankcarey

Ways that Golden Motor could improve it's service
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »
There are some things that I think Golden Motor could have done better to make my (and others) interactions with them much better.

1) Improve the website. The forum works fine, but the site itself is pretty bad.  It does not reflect well on the company.  I see incremental changes, but I think that it really needs an overhaul.

2) Improve the store. I would like to see a more sane shipping policy.  It looks like there is a flat rate shipping fee tied into every item. For instance I tried to order a head lamp and tail lamp.  They each had a $15 shipping fee, for $15 items, thus making each one cost $30.  Considering these orders actually seem to be filled by the US distributer, why not have real rates based on size and weight and options for shipping (next day, etc)?  Also it would be good to know if items are back-ordered during the order process.  You should also be able to track orders and shipments from the online store as well.

3) Include shipping receipts with orders.  Most of the times when I receive an order, it comes with a list of what items are in the box that I can use to make sure I have what I am supposed to have. It was confusing when I ordered my 48V kit to have 36V written all over the hub box.  The hub itself had no markings, so I had to email the distributer to make sure I got what I was supposed to. (He said the 36V motor and controller was the same as the 48V motor... is that right???).

4) The instructions were not included in the box. You don't have to include the full instructions, but a single sheet of paper with information like where to find the instructions online, and how to get help would have gone a long way to help me along.

5) Better customer service.  I know GM is in China, but having poor customer service has really been frustrating as a customer.  The USA distributer didn't seem to be very well informed about when things were happening with China, and didn't seem like he had a lot of power to make things right.