General Category > Electric Boat Conversions

Boat throttle mod runs motor in reverseā€¦

<< < (2/2)

Bikemad:
Hi T.C.

I don't think it's a potentiometer as it looks very similar to this rotary Hall Sensor to me:

If it were a potentiometer I would expect have its resistance value clearly marked instead of "VCC"  and "Out":

From the underside view, it looks like it is a TRC-010 Joystick throttle, which definitely uses a rotary Hall Sensor:

--- Quote from: Tommycat on May 26, 2023, 01:48:13 PM ---You are mounting the throttles side by side for ease of use.  Will you always want to move them in unison, or do you want the ability to have one propelling forward, and one reversed?
The reason I ask, is that I believe it would be possible to slave both controllers to one throttle if desired.
--- End quote ---

I suspect most of the time they would be moved in unison but independent operation would come in very handy for manoeuvring a twin hulled catamaran while docking, as one can be pulled back while the other is pushed forward to allow the boat to rotate almost on its own axis - a bit like manoeuvring a tank.

Alan

Tommycat:

Hi Alan,
Thank you for the information. I totally agree with you that this must be a hall sensored throttle.

https://www.miromax.lt/en/m-6/c-32/c-120-for_manage_and_control/product-753-speed_throttle_for_boat__water_transport

Seems like these types are preferred in boat and foot throttle applications. Perhaps because of sufficient size location in which to put them, although a bit more expensive.

Ross: I see where this type of hall sensor can be procured as either clockwise or counterclockwise operation if that's something you'd like to pursue. Available in different degrees of movement.
An example...

https://www.amazon.com/Effect-Potentiometer-Encoder-Sensor-Degree/dp/B09VXSCDLQ/ref=asc_df_B07SXFBN5D/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385182567079&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2208912369662316459&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021838&hvtargid=pla-824197173971&ref=&adgrpid=80210700644&th=1

Curious if the shaft can keep spinning, or if it has stops.  And what the output is if it can keep rotating. (does it go from high to low?)

I would imagine that there is a basic electronic solution also, if you're up for something like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version