Author Topic: 52V17.5AH Panasonic Shark case replacement??  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Gbo

• Confirmed
52V17.5AH Panasonic Shark case replacement??
« on: September 01, 2022, 11:17:31 PM »
Hello, I dropped my 52V17.5AH Panasonic Shark and broke the case.  Works fine but need new case.  Can anyone help me identify what to order?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 52V17.5Ah Panasonic Shark case replacement??
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 08:56:05 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

Unfortunately, there are so many variations of the "Shark" battery pack that it might be difficult to find a case that exactly matches your particular battery.

I suspect that your 52V 17.5Ah Shark battery uses 70 x Panasonic 18650 3,500mAh cells in a 14S5P configuration with measurements of 368mm x 90mm x 113mm but even this size pack has several variations of switches, charging socket, mounting plates etc. dependant upon the supplier.

It might be worth asking your original battery supplier if they can supply a replacement case.

If they are unable to provide a replacement case, I would suggest carefully studying the battery cases available on AliExpress to see if you can find one that matches yours exactly.

Things to check:
  • Number of cells and cell configuration (Probably 70 cells connected in 14 Series 5 Parallel layout)
  • Voltage (52V)
  • Switch type
  • Charge socket type (5.5mm round or 3 pin mini XLR)
  • Mounting plate style and number of connectors (4 or 5 pins)
  • USB 5V port (Yes or No)
  • External dimensions to match yours
  • Manufacturer (e.g. Hailong)
  • LED power indicator style and position
  • Power lead output connector type (Not so important if the battery fits your existing mounting plate)

I hope this helps.

Alan