Author Topic: Stupid Question # 100  (Read 1545 times)

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Stupid Question # 100
« on: October 03, 2023, 10:31:02 PM »

Hello , So I'm fixing a flat on my old bike that I had given to a friend ..front hub motor 500 watt MP Edge ... Took it apart a week ago ..got the new tire and tube today and I have forgotten for sure which side the Controller is on when it's mounted on the bike ... Makes a difference because the tire is directional ... I thought it was the same as my MP 5 1000 watt motor with the controller on the left side as your sitting in the seat .. But now I'm not sure ...Can anyone help this Idiot ... I should have marked it but decided I'd remember "For Sure "
       Thanks for any help you can give me , Don

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Stupid Question # 100
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 11:12:07 PM »

OK .. Sorry ... I remembered I took some pictures of the fork so I could review the washer placement if I needed to .. So I can review them and see which way this wheel goes ....

Little weird the Edge has the controller on the other side from the one on the MP5 1000 watt motor ... That threw me off ..

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Stupid Question # 100
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 12:30:05 PM »
Hi Don,

I'm glad you've been able to answer your own question.

The front mounted  Magic Pie Edge and the Smart Pies both have the controller mounted on the right hand side of the forks:

The front and rear Magic Pies (III, 4 and 5) and the rear Smart Pie/Magic Pie Edge all have the controller on the left hand side along with the brake disc that's mounted on the cooling fan unit which encloses the controller:

However, if you are unsure of which way the wheel should be fitted, just make sure that the six brake disc mounting screw holes (or the brake disc if fitted) are on the left hand side of the fork.

Alan