Author Topic: Battery fitment  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Mogal

• Confirmed
Battery fitment
« on: April 10, 2022, 04:00:07 AM »
Hello,
I would like to know what the largest battery I can fit on the bottle mounts?
https://goldenmotor.bike/product/48v24-5ah-samsung-max-jumbo-shark-pack/

I would love to get the largest one, but unsure if it will fit?
(what is the largest one that will?)

Thanks.

Bike is a Northrock XCF from Costco.

Oh, as a side question, What would it take to switch out the rims/hubs of the Magic Pie 5 (fat) with the stock rims of the bike?
(To keep the stock rim look)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Battery fitment
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 12:15:21 AM »
Hi Chris,

I don't know if that pack will fit inside your frame, but you should be able to make a cardboard cutout of the battery outline based on these measurements:

Don't forget that the battery will probably need to slide approx 25mm (1") and also have sufficient room inside the frame to lift away from the mounting plate after sliding.

As an alternative, this 52V 30Ah triangle battery pack looks like it might fit within the frame:

It just about looks possible to squeeze 160 genuine 3000mAh capacity 18650 cells and a BMS unit within those dimensions:

Hopefully the stated 30Ah capacity is correct, but the stated capacities are not always genuine. Check out this thread for more information.

Unfortunately, the stock rim supplied with the bike is unlikely to be compatible with the Magic Pie, as it appears to have only 32 spoke holes instead of the 36 holes that would be required to install it on a Magic Pie hub.

Alan