Author Topic: What connectors are used on the Magic Pie 4/5 control harness?  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Pwd

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
What connectors are used on the Magic Pie 4/5 control harness?
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »
Does anyone know the name of the connectors used on the controls for the Magic Pie 4/5? I am referring to the connectors that come from the brake levers, throttle, cruise control etc.. Here is an image of what I'm referring to :

They look very similar to a higo connector but the pins don't seem to match. The outermost higo pins are parallel on this 5 pin connector whereas the golden motor connector shown above seem to follow the circumference.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:38:36 PM by pwd »

Offline Tommycat

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: What connectors are used on the Magic Pie 4/5 control harness?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:35:38 PM »
I just assumed it was a proprietary connector just for Golden Motors. May I ask why you want to know?

Best regards,

T.C.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:38:27 PM by Tommycat »
See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub E-Bike build  HERE.

Offline Pwd

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:41:22 PM »
I plan on re-wiring some of my bike controls and I'd like to replace some of the connectors. I like to replace my throttle with a different throttle and have a connector for the Magic Pie 4/5.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:46:03 PM by pwd »

Offline Tommycat

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »

As the connectors seem to be a nice molded part. For the throttle I would suggest just replacing the pigtail between your old Pie throttle and the new one.
But if this does not appeal to you or if you need several connectors, it seems that from previous posts it might help to contact the supplier directly at sales@goldenmotor.com. Perhaps they would be able to supply you with the needed female connectors.

Best regards,

T.C.
See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub E-Bike build  HERE.