Author Topic: Separate issue: Bluetooth App is not working  (Read 15189 times)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Separate issue: Bluetooth App is not working
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »
Hi Nimrod,

Does the App open and run on your phone?

If so, can you see the GM device when you click on the Bluetooth icon?

Have you tried Version 1.6 to see what happens?

Please explain exactly what happens when you launch the App and then try to connect to the Bluetooth dongle.

Alan

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:44:16 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Nimrod

• Confirmed
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 08:38:05 AM »
Thanks for your help, Alan.

Thé 1.6 crash ! A cannot open it.

Yes, thé 1.7 or 1.8 the application works and opens normally. It doesn't crash at any time, this side is fine. The problem is the Bluetooth sync. The phone tries to synchronize, but gives a systematic failure message.

The message says that it can't synchronize because of a missing or wrong pin code.

Only at no time is it possible to enter this code anywhere. The other apps always ask for a pin code and offer a dialog to enter it but the GM app doesn't. The GM app does not have a pin code.

After failing this synchronization in the smartphone settings, if I open the GM app and look in the bluetooth connections menu I find a device named GM. I click on it. It tells me I'm connected but nothing changes on the application's dial ans thé "b" icon is rend.

I think there is not much to change for it to work. But I've been searching for several weeks without results.

Thanks for your help.
Nim

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:09:02 AM by Nimrod »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2020, 08:37:43 PM »
You have to connect to the Bluetooth dongle using the Bluetooth icon in the GM App, not through the phones Bluetooth scan function:

(Click on the above diagrams to enlarge them.)

If your phone detects the GM bluetooth dongle and you have previously tried to pair the GM dongle using the phone's normal Bluetooth scan/connect procedure, try and unpair it before opening the GM App.

Some people have also mentioned that it sometimes connects if Bluetooth is turned off before opening the GM App and then allowing Bluetooth to be turned on.

The only other thing I can suggest it clearing the cache and data from the GM App via the phones application manager before opening the GM App and then trying to connect again.

Alan

Offline Nimrod

• Confirmed
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 09:42:10 AM »
Thank you. Thank you.  I've tried everything you advised me to do.  But it still doesn't work.  The connection doesn't connect and the "b" stays red, even though it tells me it's connected.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 11:04:46 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't know what else to suggest, apart from trying to connect with a different phone (older Android or iPhone etc.?) to check if the Bluetooth dongle and controller are working correctly?

Bluetooth Apk 1.7 and 1.8 attached.

Alan

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 07:26:19 PM by Bikemad »

Offline P3yot3

• Confirmed
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 08:33:49 PM »
The android app only works on older devices in my experience - I've tried 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8 (which still shows as 1.7 in settings) but none of them work with my android 10 or above devices. That's probably why it's not available on the play store - because it doesn't work (Or it's riddled with spyware).

Offline Nimrod

• Confirmed
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »
Hello good news.
There is a new version here https://www.goldenmotor.com/apps/MagicPie-UI1.9.apk and now its working with android 10 very well thanks

have nice days
nimrod