Author Topic: Separate issue: Bluetooth App is not working  (Read 15332 times)

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Separate issue: Bluetooth App is not working
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 12:18:37 AM »
I just wanted to bump this thread to say, this is the first page that has shown me where to find the ap for my Android Device.. I went through the FAQ, several other pages. They all talk about the software, but did not seem to point me in the direction of getting this software. Luckly I was tech savvy enough to track it down, but something more direct and clear would be nice. If there is, then I missed it...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:24:21 AM by Adamsavage79 »

Offline Jbwiden

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 12:21:54 AM »
I really wish they would just put it on the Play store.

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
I really wish they would just put it on the Play store.

That is where I first checked.. The kit came with zero directions. I don't need any, as this isn't my first Ebike kit. It only took me a few minutes to figure everything out.

Offline Vanarebane

• Confirmed

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 08:15:27 PM »
Printed instructions really are being phased out in "the connected world". I think the first thing I recall that came without instructions was windows 95. That was 23 years ago. Nowadays most things I buy I find the instructions are online. So I don't find it unusual to go to the site I purchased from to look for instructions or just "google it". Everything we ship has a packing list in the box. On that packing slip, it says "for instructions go to the site and click support then click instructions". It also says that on the bottom of the invoice when purchasing.

But still, most of the instructions on my site are things I created or links to my FAQ or this form as Golden Motor does not put out much in the way of instructions. I am trying to think of the last thing I bought that came with instructions and am drawing a blank. Anything I can think of just said got to the site, follow a link, etc..

Gary

Offline Neven

• Confirmed
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »
While I agree with the paper instructions being outdated, a couple key points can be included in the packaging at least, in big letters.  For me, the freewheel spacer was under some other parts and I didn't see it, so I had to take apart my build after searching online why the rear derailleur contacts the motor.  Thankfully I had a spark plug remover to remove the freewheel with, or i'd have been stuck buying another bike tool.

Also for those of us with the EDGE motor, its not plainly apparent which instruction guide are applicable.  The kit is pretty easy to figure out atleast with how the harnesses connect :)

Offline Jbwiden

• Confirmed
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 12:41:18 AM »
My Google Pixel phone just updated to Android P and the app (version 1.6) is no longer working. It launches, but then is stuck with the Golden motor icon upper left on a black bar and all else is white. Tried to clear data/cache and reinstalled, but still the same result.

Offline Jbwiden

• Confirmed
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 07:53:40 AM »
Any chance of an update on a fix?

Offline Jbwiden

• Confirmed
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
Sent a message a while back to a similar effect as the two below. First sent to GM and then some time later to GM Canada (where I purchased the kit). No reply yet.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
Android apk v 1.7 is now out and should resolve any issues

https://www.goldenmotor.com/apps/

Gary
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 07:23:14 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Jbwiden

• Confirmed
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 09:46:48 PM »
Edit: Finally got it to install by navigating to the downloaded APK through Google's "Files" app and opening there. With this it was able to install. Additionally, the app now appears to be working again, connected to Bluetooth without issue and displayed stats of the motor.

My phone (Google pixel) is rejecting the install (yes I have allowed install from unknown sources) with "App not installed" message after clicking install.

Will try some more but it's not promising.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 05:13:28 AM by Jbwiden »

Offline Bikewrangler

• Confirmed
  • Magic Pie 5
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2020, 11:57:54 AM »
Used a Samsung 6S with app 1.6 successfully, but then again I don not do a lot of mall biking.
GM5

Offline Bikewrangler

• Confirmed
  • Magic Pie 5
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 01:24:44 AM »
After flashing the firmware on my MP5, I have no trouble using my Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F) with the 1,8 app. If I try to go to blutooth settings and connect to GM, I get asked for a password/code, I enter 0 and "connect" then I get a message that it could not connect... Then I open the app, click the connect> click GM and back then the app is up and running with speedometer and settings.
GM5

Offline Nimrod

• Confirmed
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2020, 07:29:45 AM »
Hello
I just bought an Edge pie 5 with the bluetooth dongle, but I can't get it to work with my smartphone which is a Xiaomi MI A3 with Android 10. I tested the version 1.7 and 1.8 that can be downloaded from https://www.goldenmotor.com/apps/ (by the way the version in the application information are both 1.7 even for the 1.8 maybe an error)

So here's if someone is in the same situation as me and has an idea to make the application work on Android 10 I'm a taker.

Thanks

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Offline Nimrod

• Confirmed
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 08:17:08 AM »
I Need help please  :(