Author Topic: I can't get the PI-800 program to work consistently  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Nick Tinker

• Confirmed
I can't get the PI-800 program to work consistently
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »
It seems to be no secret that programming the VEC300 motor controller is difficult. What's extremely frustrating for me however is that I can load the program and connect to the motor sometimes. That means my software is correct, my version of Windows is correct, the hardware (cable, controller, and motor) is correct, and at least sometimes, my login method is correct.

I literally have to brute force hack into the program for hours at end. It once took me 4 hours to get into. I made no changes, disconnected, and when I tried to log back in, "No Response because of timeout".

I have multiple iterations of the programs installed in separate folders and the driver installed on multiple COM ports. Sometimes I'll get the error code in one iteration, switch to one in a different folder and it will connect automatically.

Please: how do I get this program to work CONSISTENTLY?

Offline Nick Tinker

• Confirmed
Re: I can't get the PI-800 program to work consistently
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »
After going crazy, I want you all to know that I found the stupidest work-around imaginable that somehow works. All you need is the wrong program (Original LBMC_GUI_v3.1.2_GoldenMotor.exe) which can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3kubv2jb8akpr7o/AAByJDmcssESXavtqd0BwiCBa

Here is my new consistent log in method:

With power on and cable plugged in, open the wrong program and hit connect. You'll get an error message telling you it's the wrong software.

Close that program and leave everything on and plugged in. Open the correct PI-800 software and hit connect. Everything should load right up. It's worked consistently for me 3 times in a row now. Thank god I stumbled across it...

I still can't get the motor to spin but that's another issue... 

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
Hi Nick andto the forum.

Hopefully other members experiencing problems connecting to the VEC300 controller will be able to test your solution and see if it works for them too.

I eventually discovered how to connect to the Magic Pie and Smart Pie vector controllers by accident after countless failed attempts and was then able to carefully retrace my actions until I discovered a way of consistently connecting every time, so I fully understand the frustration you have been going through, and also how relieved you must be feeling now. ;)

Thanks for posting what might hopefully be a working but quirky solution that will work for others.

Alan

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:09 AM »
Nice job figuring that one out Nick. See I told you the best place to resolve your issues is the forum !

Gary