Author Topic: 48v 20ah battery?  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Vipermn

• Confirmed
48v 20ah battery?
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
Hello all :).

Is this possible? Is this a legitimate description of a battery and would it work for a GM  kit?

Battery PACK Parameters
Battery Material   Lithium
Nominal Voltage   48 V
Nominal Capacity   20 Ah
Max Discharging Current   30 A ( BMS SET 1000W )
Maximum Charge Voltage   ? 54.6 V
Discharge cut-off voltage   36.4 V
Charging Current   3 Amps
Weight (NW)   5.5 Kg
Lifecycle   1200 ~ 1600 times
Dimension   370×150×80 mm
Cell Nominal Voltage   3.7 V
Cell Maximum Charge Voltage   4.2 V
Series   13 S

BMS System Parameters
Overcharge protection   4.25±0.025
Overcharge Recovery   4.15±0.05
Over-discharge voltage   2.8±0.05
Over-discharge recovery   Disconnect load or charge
Resistance (m/ohm)   < 20
Charge balanced current   60 (mA)

Charger Parameter
Applying Battery Type   Lithium
Input Voltage (AC/V)   110V or 220V
Output Current (A)   3 A
Output Voltage (DC/V)   ? 54.6 V
Charge balanced current   60 (mA)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 48v 20ah battery?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:06:12 AM »
Yes, that battery should work fine with a GM hubmotor, but the 1000W limit might struggle with a dual motor setup.

As it is does not use LiFePO4 cells I suspect the estimated lifecycle of 1200 ~ 1600 times might be a little on the ambitious side. ;)

I also find it amazing that it is exactly the same size as the 48V10Ah pack and is has twice the capacity yet it only weighs 10% (0.5kg) more!!
I wonder how they manage that?

I particularly liked the "FREE SHIPPING ONLY 7 DAYS" notice accompanied by the  "Shipping $130.00 FedEx International Economy" text.  ;D

Call me sceptical if you like, but doesn't it make you suspicious that they have been a member on eBay for over 14 months yet they only have a feedback rating of 11 positive sales?
(All of which were for $0.99 items)

I don't think I would want to buy an expensive battery from them!

Alan

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:37:50 PM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:24:48 AM »
I find it interesting they are selling a 48v20a lithium battery for 299. Im my opinion the worst possible reason to buy a battery is because its less expencive then everyone elses batteries. I would ask "what does it look like inside the case?"

Gary

Offline Vipermn

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »
That is exactly why I wanted to run this by you guys. I thought the same thing and I sent a message asking about those things:

Dear k-box,

Why does a Google search for your company name produce no results? Why is your feedback score 11 when you have been on ebay since Dec 2013? Why did all of your items that you sold, and received feedback for, sell for exactly $0.99 when you don't have anything for sale that costs $0.99? Why was half of your total feedback received in the last 30 days? What is your company email address? There is a lot of fraud out in the world today.

Here is the reply:

Dear vipermn,

EBAY company for China because the United States has many sellers unfairly , I only allow the sale of every month 5 PCS product , the total value does not exceed 100 HKD, so I was able to get only loss on disposal of this pathetic FEEDBACK, EBAY that if Do you have more FEEDBACK, you have a chance to sell more number of items , if you want an alarm , you can EBAY co alarm , ha ha, I think is ridiculous , my friend, you are so cute !

WHAT???? I AM CUTE???? And what does this jibberish have to do with what I asked? In case anyone else is searching for a solution to the battery dilemma (cost and capacity) be aware of this guy on ebay. IMHO I think  he is phoney baloney. Anyway thanks for the input guys.

P.S. So Gary what are my options for a larger capacity battery in the real world?

Offline Hastings

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »
High quality batteries are  either  more expensive or heavier  than your specs ,probably booth.  Searches on google should turn up the company with positive reviews or with reviews of the components they use ,however there is widespread forgery in the battery business  just check ultrafire 18650 .

Even good batteries will have service needs i.e if  you can not communicate with the seller it is useless . If you want  fun examples of Chinglish just check engrish.com.  Even sellers with good intentions are a pain to try to converse....

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
My batteries are on my site. Without going into a heavy sales pitch here they are golden motor batteries. Some say other manufacturers batteries are better. I have no idea how they could be. As most people know that buy from me I warranty everything without question. When someone has a problem a simple support ticket on my site leads them down the road to happiness. So with that being said I am very familiar with the failure rates of the batteries. Since we went lifepo4, failures are almost non existant. Some time back after selling huge quantities of lithium and lifepo4 I crunched the numbers and found the failure rate of lithium to lifepo4 was 52 to 1. Impressive numbers indeed. Match that with how are batteries are assembled and you cant lose. Have you seen what is inside a 48v10 ah golden motor battery? Have a look.

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/FAQ/questions.php?questionid=11

Gary