Author Topic: New to Goldenmotor.com forum and relatively new Hub Motor User  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Tmh620

• Confirmed
Hi All,

I thought I'd come in a check out the forums here. I use hub motors in a couple of toys that I've built. One of them has run problem free, not a Golden, the other, not so much, also not a Golden. The hub motor that has had zero issues is a PapaMotor (Chinese), the one that hasn't worked correctly is from Falcon EV (Tallahassee, FL).

Through my research, I have determined that the Falcon motor has at least one bad hall sensor. Upon opening the motor, it appeared to have two bad sensors, well, one bad, one with broken leads. I replaced both of them, and I am getting a better response now than before I replaced them, from the throttle that is.

Previous to me replacing the sensors the motor did not respond at all when I twisted the throttle. Now, I get a split second of action, a forward roll of the wheel. After that, nothing...

I have some images of the controller and wiring for the motor itself. But since I am having a hard time staying awake, I'll coem back on tomorrow ans see if I can post them here.

Have a good night all!
Todd (aka Mr. H)