Author Topic: The irony of Police harassment.  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
The irony of Police harassment.
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:31:41 PM »
Pulled over way too many times in this month, and stupid cops rattles off a bunch of non existing laws which leads to inevitable frustration. You cant tell them they are 100% in the wrong.

Was pulled over again and forced off the road by some big thung cops a week ago, again, he started stating laws that do not exist, and it cost me a $30 cab fare to get home. I speak to a lot of ebikers in the local area, and none of them are experiencing this harassment.

Every one that approaches me, even little old ladies with little or no mechanical knowledge, ask "oh that bike is electric isn't it"?

Bring it on

Offline Wombat

• Confirmed
Re: The irony of Police harassment.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:52:31 AM »
What country, state, city & suburb?

Clearly (here and other posts) by the number of times you are frustrated intentionally by those thugs you ARE being harassed.

Clearly you have upset some cop wannabe so much (with the bad ones it doesn't take much) that they have ranted to their boofhead mates, agitatedly swinging their handbag around no doubt, to cause you and family as much grief as possible.

Right wing extremism is rampant around the world at the moment.

When others know the area details hopefully some will refer to this in other places.

Regards.

PS addition of cheap tube-type video cameras (preference to rear if can only afford one) to archive incidents create excellent records.

PS PS Finally noticed name on building in background... Queensland (an Aussie state) coppers long tainted with corruption findings are now overreaching in ridiculous ways because of the hastily created most draconian extreme immoral anti biker (Hells Angels, Finks, Outlaws etc) laws seen in any supposed western democracy.

The current Queensland government and the nobody arrogant little hitler dweeb premier are only in power because the mostly redneck Queenslanders fell for all the same old economy BS about the previous government (as has now happened federally) and gave the little t*rd a landslide election. The new so-called Queensland laws against biker gangs make Putin look like a dolly in a white dress!

And yes, same state public servants made petrol powered push bikes illegal several years ago... on environmental grounds no less!!!!!!!!!!; what an embarrassment for Australia in general.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:13:09 PM by Wombat »

Offline Eriknoort

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:27:41 AM »
I am so glad I live in the Netherlands,

I was riding 45k/h on my illegal e-bike two weeks ago and suddenly a motor cop was riding next to me.
He asked me to stop. Ok. What speed were you riding, he asked. I answered, I think 30 km/h.
He said you were going 50 km/h om my speedometer. I said that can't be true.
He said, well the speedometer is not calibrated. He asked me if  I build the bike myself.
I answered, yes and I will reprogram it if I was going to fast.
He said, I will see you another time. And he drove away.

It was around lunch time and I don think he want to spend his time on the paperwork. There is no penalty on his list for e-bikes that are riding to fast.
I am riding my e-bike 5 days a week for 1,5 year now 35 km a day. This was the second time I got pulled over.
 ;D

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
Yes thank you for the support.  I live in Australia. We are going through some NAZI stage in our political history. My state in QLD is already been defined as a police state.

In this case, I was pulled over for the usual question, "Is it Electric?"  Then allowed to continue on my way for about 2km, the police car followed behind me the entire way, until I yelled at them "f*%k OFF, Stop harassing me".  No one else heard it, no one was around, noisy, there was lots of traffic. in fact the officer had to wind his window down to take part as an audience to my so called "Public Nuisance" lawless behavior..

I had a task, and this was to get to Wilson's supplies to get some welding gear before it shut, and they are regularly hindering mine and my wife's travels.

I pleaded not guiltily on Monday this week, and now I have traffic cops awaiting on the hill form me.  Traffic are not interested in the bike, but I feel the beat cops are sicking the traffic cops onto me..  They are not backing off, and they seem to be getting worse.  I see not just the petrol bikes zipping around, but lots of riders without lights, helmets, not hand signaling and all sorts and cops just pass them by.  Me and my wife are the most law abiding citizens on the road, I swear its true.

I will keep you updated.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:44:04 PM by Leslie »

Bring it on

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
Well, look on the bright side, at least the sky is blue :-\ 

I have heard that Auzzy traffic police/laws are horrific for both motorists and ebikers.  Saying that you do look a  it on the dodgy side....  ;)