Author Topic: Magic Pie program settings  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Sirimport

• Confirmed
Magic Pie program settings
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:25 PM »
I just wanted to post this as a thank you to BIKEMAD for helping me understand the settings for the Magic Pie software.
Maybe this post can help other people that had the same questions about the software as I had
I have a rear mounted Magic Pie III running on a 48v 12ah battery

Hi Ryan andto the forum.

I have my Smart Pie's controller set to 30 Amps continuous 70 Amps max but it only produces a maximum recorded current of around 35 Amps on my wattmeter. ::)
My MPIII is also set to the maximum figures (25A Continuous and 70A Peak) but it has only pulled a maximum of 27 Amps so far during the limited test rides that I have carried out. :(

I suggest you leave your maximum and continuous current settings as they are (the factory current setting for the MPIII is usually the maximum available) which should still be below your battery's rated output in "real life" figures, and make sure the Acceleration and FWD Scale Speed settings are both set to 100% for the best performance. ;)

Phase setting should be 120 degrees for the GM hub motors.

Enabling the REV setting will allow Reverse to be selected if a switch is connected to the appropriate wires on the motor harness. I have mine enabled just in case I decide to fit a switch at a later date, and I also have the mode set to "Unimm" which should be much safer if the Reverse switch was accidentally operated by mistake during normal use.

I hope this answers your questions.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:21:44 PM by Bikemad »