Author Topic: HPM5000B 48 Volt 5KW BLDC Motor  (Read 9382 times)

Offline ModernHick

• Confirmed
HPM5000B 48 Volt 5KW BLDC Motor
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:51:49 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I'm working on a motorcycle project for mechanical engineering school. This motor looks suitable, but I really, really need to know roughly what the stall torque is. Can anyone help me out with this information or any additional information for this motor which is not available on the website?

Thanks and Best Regards
Malte
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:14:40 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: HPM5000B 48 Volt 5KW BLDC Motor
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:02:02 AM »
Hi Malte andto the forum.

I have not seen any stall torque figures quoted for this motor, but it will really depend upon the maximum current that both the controller and battery can supply, which can vary considerably for each specific installation.

Presumably, you will have already studied the 48V performance curve and dynomometer data for this motor, in which case you should notice that the torque developed by the motor is almost directly relative to the amount of current being consumed.

I would therefore suggest that the stall torque should be around 23Nm @ 10.08kW (48V x 210A) but it could be even higher than this for short bursts, as long as the controller, battery (inc. BMS), power cables, phase wires and motor windings are able to supply/withstand a much higher current .

I hope this helps.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:13:06 PM by Bikemad »