Author Topic: Reading 05 error on LCD for 48V kit  (Read 5493 times)

Offline hardmouse

• Confirmed
Reading 05 error on LCD for 48V kit
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
I have purchased a 48V 1000W motor from other place before I found this site. Not sure if anyone could help me to solve this issue. The kit include a LCD and when I have everything connected it shows "05" error which means hall sensor is not connected or having problem. Also, the motor is not moving at all.

The video uploaded on youtube and sorry for my bad English:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfMnKIBmzfM

I also open the motor and check the sensor wires and it's all good. Also use meter to check the wire to see if the power go through. It was all good.

Hope if anyone can show me show tips or how to fix this issue.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Reading 05 error on LCD for 48V kit
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »
Hi andto the forum.

I would start by checking the voltage readings from the three hall sensors:

Connect your battery pack and locate the motor connector with the five thin wires, and then place your black meter probe into the black connector and then check for a supply voltage for the hall sensors on the red connection, which I expect will be ~5V.

Assuming the 5V feed was correct, leave the black probe touching the back wire contact and place the red probe into one of the signal wires from the three hall sensors (typically Blue, Green and Yellow) and then rotate the wheel very slowly by hand. The voltage should alternate between ~5v and 0V.

Repeat this check on the other two hall sensor signal wires.

If all three signal wires produce an alternating high/low voltage (when the wheel is turned slowly) then the hall sensors are working correctly, in which case you will need to carefully check all connections between the motor and the controller to ensure they have not been connected incorrectly.

It might also be worth temporarily unplugging the brake switch connector to see if it makes any difference.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:36:20 PM by Bikemad »

Offline hardmouse

• Confirmed
Re: Reading 05 error on LCD for 48V kit
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:40:21 AM »
Ok, I think something is not right from the test. I got reading 1.4V from hall sensor but from controller is 5V. Spinning wheel doesn't make any different.

From hall sensor:

From controller:

Can this be fixed by myself? If not, any where I can fix this in GTA?

Thanks for helping.