Author Topic: New Ritar SLA's working good  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
New Ritar SLA's working good
« on: December 21, 2008, 01:24:36 AM »
Hi I bought these new SLA's called Ritar, I’ve been riding them for a good 3 mths now and they seem to just give out the power needed to be compatible the golden motors controller and hub IC needs.

It says they have a mulriple gel technology, they are marked as AGM however I take it they use a little more gel in these.

I googled mulrippile a little time back and got one hit, It said something about filling the spaces with gel making the batteries last longer.

I bought 3X20 rt series and have only triggered LVC once a couple of weeks ago against high wind, on a steep hll with a trailer load of stuff after about 30km riding pedals the bike got me up the hill and home around the corner with no troubles with a lil pedals  .

I got it home and tested the batts 20 seconds after riding and they all read 12.33v with about .02v difference in balance.

I thought so highly of these I bought 6 X 24 ah batts that weigh over 7+kg in the smaller mountable package, 4x12 would be too heavy though.  Good for 36v applications.

The 20ah rt series would go well in 48v applications if you’re are a smaller build person,

The spec sheet reads 200 amp max current draw and internal resistance of the rt 20ah is 16 ohm.

http://www.ritarpower.com/products.aspx?catid=19&pcatid=

RT12240EV listed under EV series, The 24ah batts are gel based and have this mulriple technology in them have 240 amp max current draw  a internal resistance of 10 ohm, so put a fan on your charger.. 

http://www.ritarpower.com/upload/pdf/2008121617180506003632.pdf

Looking at the life cycle characteristics of cyclic use it appears that ill get over 900 cycles before I'll get annoyed. 

I estimate I’ve done probably 300 cycles already with the smaller RT12200 20 ah batts I'm using now and they go go go.~~~~~~~?

They retail equally with other brands with older design and seem to do the trick thus far..

I'll keep anyone interested informed of their usage history...

Bring it on