Author Topic: My Magic Pie went dead (Pairing Magic pie with ecrazyman 1500w controller)  (Read 37377 times)

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: My Magic Pie went dead
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
After sanding the surface where the rough epoxy putty mounts (Be careful not to sand the sensors !) I went and soldered all the wires to the sensors.
I made sure all motor measurements are correct:

Resistance between the 3 power cables :
Green to blue : 0.3 ohm.
Green to yellow : 0.3 ohm.
Blue to yellow : 0.3 ohm.

Haul sensor measurements (Fluke is in Diode mode)

Fluke red pen to red haul sensor cable. Fluke black pen to Blue, Green and Yellow:
All gave 1.8v

Fluke red pen to black haul sensor cable. Fluke black pen to Blue, Green and Yellow:
All gave 0.65v

I used heat shrink sleeves for each wire and covered all of the with a hot glue filled shrink sleeve to make sure nothing goes loose.
Sewing the whole deal is also recommended.
I also recommend to use a rigid cable like the blue one in the picture to secure the cables that connect to the stator.
If any of them will go loose there will be serious damage.

I also noticed that the motor cap on the disk brake side (second picture),  has razor sharp edges that harm the cables on the axis anytime it's taken off.
Sanding it also a good idea.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:54:33 PM by Avantgarder »

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
Now that the motor is done I assembled everything back and went on to connect the ecrazyman controller.
This is how the wires are connected...

Power cables:
Blue to Blue.
Green to Yellow.
Yellow to Green.

Sensor cables:
Blue to Blue.
Green to Yellow.
Yellow to Green.
Red to Red.
Black to Black.

Throttle and brakes are pretty straight forward...

Attached is the configuration I used.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:02:25 PM by Avantgarder »

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2012, 07:06:43 PM »
The bike is running fine. The motor is quiet but I still have 3 concerns:

1. The old GM internal controller seemed to deliver more power.
    Could it be that it was set to more than the values I set the ecrazyman controller (rated=22A; phase=56A)  ?
2. I have regen enabled in software. When I go in a steep downhill:
      -  If I press the brake I get segmented braking. Is the controller cutting the too high current ?
      -  If I press no brake I seem to get a very weak but still noticeable engine braking.
         With the old controller when brakes were not used the wheel was  completely neutral. Will it help if I disable the regen with the software ?
3. During descents, when I suddenly close the throttle (no brakes applied at all) I sometimes get a segmented noise from the motor as if something is knocking there ...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:01:41 PM by Avantgarder »

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
I managed to resolve all problems.
1. Throttle regen problem was resolved by changing slip charge mode to "1" so now regen is totally disabled.
2. Power problem was resolved by a current setting of 26A. Now my ebike is a rocket !

So the attached setting is the final one.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:00:03 PM by Avantgarder »