Author Topic: Problems with Goldenmotor battery and other products...  (Read 21722 times)

Offline Supatrike

• Confirmed
Problems with Goldenmotor battery and other products...
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »
Hi all,

I posted this a few weeks ago and now find that the post is removed.  I have a problem with the battery GM sent to me and they are not responding to any of my emails.  I have been very nice about this for months, but since no response I have made a website about the problem. Gary and Alan have been very helpful, and I don't doubt that buying through them would be a better experience than buying direct from the company.  Here is my story:

http://www.vodstrup.com/bbw/GoldenMotor/goldenmotor.html

As Gary/Alan suggested, I have posted links to correspondence and also my receipt.  When this issue is resolved, I will change my tune (and my website).  If anyone else has similar stories, I will be glad to host them on my site.

Bart

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Problems with Goldenmotor battery and other products...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:01:23 AM »
Your thread is not deleted, it is here

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3641.msg21733#msg21733

I just looked back through your most recent posts to find it. Unfortunatly that is the reality when dealing with GM China. They state in the near future they will not sell to the public directly anymore and only through the dealers. This would cetainly improve their customer relations issues, I hope this comes true, but I really doubt it will happen as they make more profit selling directly to the public. I noticed you posted "Don't buy from Goldenmotor" the reality is it should say "Dont buy from Golden Motor China". I am sure your issue would have been resolved long ago if you had purchased from a dealer. I have yet to read any post in this forum bad mouthing any GM dealer.

I will forward this information to my contacts at GM. Please send me an email to garysalo@goldenmotor.ca so I can have your email address and include you in the conversation.

Gary

Offline Supatrike

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:50:45 AM »
Thanks Gary,

It was a different thread that seems to have been deleted.  I changed the website per your request.

Bart

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »
Hi all
this I noticed you posted
just a comment I have bought from both and my local dealer tries but still no better than ! (just get the same buy some more ) controllers that do not do what they say and batteries !
very funny !
Quote *

"Don't buy from Goldenmotor" the reality is it should say "don't buy from Golden Motor China".  I am sure your issue would have been resolved long ago if you had purchased from a dealer.  I have yet to read any post in this forum bad mouthing any GM dealer.

And that's not pointed at you Gary ! except for you may forgotten , what you have read on this forum and responded to ! OK  :o
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »
Thanks Gary,

It was a different thread that seems to have been deleted.  I changed the website per your request.

Bart

I received your email.

Thanks
Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 06:04:21 AM »
I bought my products from Gary and I must say everything was as near perfect as you could expect. 

I only needed to apply some electrical tape to a single cord and this was only the MP controller program interface.  Over all very-very good.

The internal MP controllers were a little on the weak side but adequate to make the bike worth riding.  Using the program was beneficial for the experience.

All my Ebike gears is working really well, except for a controller that I put a drill through.  Doh, and a cycle anaylst I got for free anyway, the CA wasnt a GM canada product.  But Gary did offer to replace it.  I'm Just too lazy to make that effort.

Motors were well wound inside, and I put a third party controller onto the MP and OMG this thing was raising the front wheel on take offs. 

Over a year now, I have been through 3 sets of tires and the MP's toeing incredible loads on a trailer barely makes it to luke warm.  This motor should last years to come.

More powerful controllers are something you may need to look into when you learn the trade.  The GM controller are perfect for the entry level because there is plenty to lose over drawing current from packs and what not..

Hi Gary. :D

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:01 AM »
I bought my products from Gary and I must say everything was as near perfect as you could expect. 

I only needed to apply some electrical tape to a single cord and this was only the MP controller program interface.  Over all very-very good.

The internal MP controllers were a little on the weak side but adequate to make the bike worth riding.  Using the program was beneficial for the experience.

All my Ebike gears is working really well, except for a controller that I put a drill through.  Doh, and a cycle anaylst I got for free anyway, the CA wasnt a GM canada product.  But Gary did offer to replace it.  I'm Just too lazy to make that effort.

Motors were well wound inside, and I put a third party controller onto the MP and OMG this thing was raising the front wheel on take offs. 

Over a year now, I have been through 3 sets of tires and the MP's toeing incredible loads on a trailer barely makes it to luke warm.  This motor should last years to come.

More powerful controllers are something you may need to look into when you learn the trade.  The GM controller are perfect for the entry level because there is plenty to lose over drawing current from packs and what not..

Les, coincidently - you operate with a similar user name to "Leslie" who was a prime contributer to the forum.

Now that you are saying you purchased from Gary, mentioned you put a DRILL through a controller, and the fact you ride with a trailer is too co-incidental to me !!!

Now to add to this, your replaced CA I remember the posts about that - and I just read your notes on your Solid State Relays.....Was your CA damaged from a water short?

This is WAY too uncanny not for you to be 317537.... Oh yeah and you own a Ping 15Ah battery pack????

Time to fess up !!!

If you say otherwise, I don't think I will believe you anyway because there are too many similarities!!!

I would like to hear about your LED growing you have been doing :D

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:12:26 AM »

Thanks for the postive comments and nice to hear from you again 537. I hope its not just a one time drop in but we see you here at least once in a while in the near future. Those that have been around a while remember how much you contributed to the forum and how interesting your posts were. BTW do you still have that CA_SA? I think I have found out how you can fix it!

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 03:37:08 AM »
Thanks Gary,

Bart

You should be contacted shortly by David of GM China. Please let us know how things turn out.

Gary

Offline Supatrike

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 02:34:31 AM »
Thanks Gary,

It was a different thread that seems to have been deleted.  I changed the website per your request.

Bart

You should be contacted shortly by David of GM China. Please let us know how things turn out.

Gary

Thanks to Gary's efforts I have been contacted by GM Canada China and they have agreed to remedy the situation.  Thanks Gary!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:39:20 AM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 01:27:23 PM »
Glad to hear it. Hopefully we can see some posts in the future about how much you are enjoying your ride. Maybe a few pictures of your  bike as well!

Gary
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:26:36 PM by GM Canada »

Offline Mike V

• Confirmed
Motor to Controller Wire colors
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
I have a HPC-500A controller and a 90BLDC-004 motor. The controller wiring diagram shows connections U, V, W receiving blue, green, yellow from the motor but the motor wires are black, red, white.
Also, controller connections 18, 19, 20, 21 for the hall sensor are blue, green, yellow, red but what's coming out of the motor is white, green, orange, red.
Does anyone know how to reconcile these mismatched colors??
Cheers

Offline Andre Moura

• Confirmed
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »
I just posted what happened to my HPM300A....he simply melted while the command was disconnected.

Today I received 2x 24V/100Ah, but I still have no idea about how to connect BMS box...

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »
Well you nailed me Monkey.

The led grow worked OK. I grew some nice letuce then I decided to put the lights I made up through the home.  My led light was getting to complicated.  Too many wires and water didnt mix too well.  I needed to start from scratch which was going to be expensive..    Mind you I put all my broccoli out doors and was eaten alive by bugs and the tomatoes I plugged into the ground and we ate quite a few of those..

I have one plant left from all that and it is a passion fruit vine about to take over the side fence now.  I grew really well indoors during winter when most vines lose leaves.  I put it out side and it stopped growing for a while until summer, and bang it started to grow insane.

Bring it on

Offline hasadam

• Confirmed
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:30 AM »
Guys,
I have still the problem that my 500A controller starts blinking after a few seconds and cuts the power.
I measure only 2V between Battery+ and pin8, which should not be normally. The controller should connect Pin8 to Battery- to enable the 48V contactor to get power.