Author Topic: majic pie 1000w 48v external controller quick review  (Read 9178 times)

Offline wattsup

• Confirmed
majic pie 1000w 48v external controller quick review
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »
genrally I am pleased with what I purchased from golden motor, as yet bike has not been tested over a long period but I will add further information at a later date. two things I do dislike are; naff connectors and the worst is the really bad thread fit of the wheel nuts. the nuts wobbled around on threads of motor shaft. this has been sorted with good quality nuts.  as for durability and reliability I cannot say. quite a few people have mentioned the wheel is badly off centre, mine was spot on centre. I had my wheel rebuilt to a velocity 700c rim and the original spokes were used. in this rebuild a couple of nipples were damaged. it was fortunate two spares were sent with wheel. I would like to see available a complete spoke kit to purchase for spares. keep you posted, john, uk.
read twice,write once.

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Re: majic pie 1000w 48v external controller quick review
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
John,
you should find that once you've given the spokes some proper attention they will be fine ;)

The Magic Pie is a very robust well built motor, this part of your kit should be the most reliable.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you in the UK?

Andrew

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »
tiller cycles will be able to provide you with  spokes, stainless steel, and top brands......cut to any length you need :D
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline wattsup

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »
further to what I have written, nearly 100 miles on bike and its great. I really love the cruise control feature and thanks to Bikemad, the lightswitch used as a regen switch. regen/braking is set to 20% on controller. i,m changing my tyres to the fatter 700c I can find, as extra weight causes a really harsh ride. both motor and controller run cool to the touch, even after a long hill climb with peddle assist. my controller is well ventilated, mounted in an ali box on the seat post, therefore whole bike acts as a heatsink. the ride I did yesterday was 27 miles and still showing half full on battery gauge. my son managed 27 mph on the flat, 32mph down our local hill. good kit and long may it be reliable. i,ve posted a picture in gm gallery.
read twice,write once.

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
I hope you and your pie have a long life together...mine is approaching 2900 miles :)

Offline wattsup

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »
2900 miles ! is that with original battery pack, my only real worry, as its so expensive.
read twice,write once.

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »
homebuilt battery pack............

If you are unsure what battery pack,go with Ping battery on ebay, or ask  000scorpion000...who may suggest lipo :)