Author Topic: Power supply for the included charger LiFePO4-pack  (Read 6343 times)

Offline windhfred

Power supply for the included charger LiFePO4-pack
« on: August 30, 2008, 05:41:12 AM »
Hi there
I am new at this message board. A couple a weeks ago I ordered the 36V kit with regenerative braking controller together with the 36 V LiFePO4 battery pack. Does anyone know if the included cell balancing charger will work with a 230 V supply voltage ?? Here in Sweden we don´t have 110 V supply in the net. In the package a travel adaptor was included, it´s a label printed 230 V on it. But, on the charger the label state: Supply Voltage: 110V.
I really don´t want to buy an adaptor 230 to 110 V.

Offline redbike

Re: Power supply for the included charger LiFePO4-pack
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »
If it is a Golden Motors unit you should email Phil to find out.

I ordered the same battery / charger and mine arrived as a 220V unit Model BC-3602AL CE approved (with the correct Aussie plug)

Offline windhfred

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
The charger is from G.M. The model number is BC-3602BL and not --AL as yours. But earlier mentioned, a travel adaptor was included for 230 V. hmm...

Offline windhfred

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »
Here are some pictures to make it even clearer...
I already sent a mail to sales@goldenmotor.com but after a week still no respond.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:22:38 AM by windhfred »

Offline Lanchon

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »
you should have asked for a 220V version when you ordered. that charger is 110V.

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 05:19:12 AM »
So then does the charger plug into the adapter and the adapter into the wall?  Sounds like it was meant to be that way as that's what travel adapters do. 

Offline windhfred

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 09:37:55 AM »
Correct, I also understood this should just be plugged in to the adaptor and then into the wall socket. But I didn´t do that.
Instead I went to a shop and bought a 230 to 110 V adaptor, works fine with this.

Offline redbike

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 02:32:21 AM »
Lucky you did because you would have blown the clack out of the charger. A travel adaptor does not change the voltage - one the plug. When travelling you still need appliances with the correct voltage, in this case a step up transformer.

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »
Correct, I also understood this should just be plugged in to the adaptor and then into the wall socket. But I didn´t do that.
Instead I went to a shop and bought a 230 to 110 V adaptor, works fine with this.

Kind of figured the adapter must have a transformer in it the else they would not have sent the 110v model charger.  Good you had the sense to check it out closer.  I may have known better if I had hefted the adapter once but then again only saw the pic.  Thanks for not blowing up your new charger on my account.