Author Topic: New Project  (Read 40713 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: New Project
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 09:53:19 AM »
Yeah Gingey c'mon man it's been like.... since..... yesterday?? Haha Mark and his high expectations!!

I actually have no clue how long it takes to build a wheel up... I'm guessing an hour or so providing you have the spokes prepared?? How long, and without honeywine if you answer Ginge haha :D

Monkey timeeeeee yeah

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
Hey stop stealing my smileys!  ;D

Hey guys I can't believe the cold today for the 7th June, I don't want to go out on my bike and there is some heavy downpours around too. Frost forecast for nights this week, I've never seen frost in June!!!

WTF is going on? This is weird, we had the coldest winter on record the last 2 winters, and this is summer. I want heat!

And yeah Ginge hurry up!  ;D

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 10:21:55 AM »
Okay I'll hold back on the Monkey time ;)

But I'm in total agreeance with you!@@!@ But I'm on the other side of the world, and winter LOL - even still there was forcast for snow in Melbourne last night. Didn't happen but it's cold enough, if it did it would have been the first time in my life its snowed in the suburbs here in my life!!!

I have come to a conclusion, that working on bits on the bike so much in my cold shed has given me a huge coldness tolerance. I used to be 3 pairs of pants, and numerous layers (as if I was going to the snow!!) but now I'm down to 1 pair of pants, 1 tshirt and jacket and I'm feelin only a little brisk!!!

I would say to you have a big cup of cement and harden the F#$^ up@!!!! hehe jks ;)

Currently 5deg celcius right now haha thats crazy

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:46 AM »
10 deg C here, not fair. I want at least 25!

Something funny sure is going on with the climate that's for sure! I hate to see what this winter will have in store for us!

AH maybe I should go out and pedal I have no batteries yet, so that would warm me up!

It's crazy my batteries are still out of stock!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

OK Cheeky Chimp, it's time for a new title, "Gadget Man" it is.

Now you have your own cape, just like Gary. ;D

10 deg C here, not fair. I want at least 25!

Mark, I'm sure you'll feel much warmer knowing it's currently 25° in my little "office", and 16° in the garage. ;D

Alan

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
HAHA nice one Alan,

I like the super gm man, is that gadget man or Golden Motor man?  ;D

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »
Pity we already know Garys' surname is Salo... Lol I wish it was M something haha then he could have a change of costume. But nooo that gadget man name is ghey Alan I don't want that! I certainly need to update my profile pic from that old thang but I prefer cheeky chimp there haha that way people won't take offense to my daft sense of humor ;)

Ohh and I just hit back to check and yup super speedy Alan has already changed it !!!! haha change it back lol

All of us have pics pasted over the net being such famous people we are - see Alan I even found this oldschool one of you!

:D

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »
Hey cool who gave me the scorpion???

Nice 1  ;D

Mac Man?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »

Mac Man?

They both seemed to be appropriate for you, Smiley Man or Emoticon Man just didn't sound right.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:37:01 PM by Bikemad »

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »

Mac Man?

They both seemed to be appropriate for you, Smiley Man or Emoticon Man just didn't sound right.

Alan

Yeah I agree Emotion man sounds like I'm insane or something!

Thanks Alan!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:36:09 PM by Bikemad »

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »
Well got my 12 turn spoked up, and went for a run, at the end of a very long building bathroom day

Still havent reset my controller from the GM Mini, so running abot 500 Cont, 750 peak watts

26 MPH......

Further tests in the morning :), not after 2 cans of bud ;)
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
Nice one dinge,

Can't wait for more test reports. Don't drink and ride though! hehehe

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »
dinge ? .......honey wine ???

I find it takes about 30 minutes to spoke the rim, and about 1-1.5 hours to true the rim, taking time, drinking, adjusting, drinking drinking, adjusting, dwingkin, awdjustin, dweekin, adhusteen.....blkinkeen, mujahadeen.........looks fekin straight to me.......lers go ;)

right then, controller, powered up to 20 amps cont, 50 amps phase, and some issues developed ( however this is a 6 fet mini thing) , however I have heard of this problem on the mac, where phase versus cont current @x2.5 can cause this.....

However the stuttering clearly caused some over phase issues, as the little plastic covers on my phase connections melted :), yay now thats what im talking about ...melted plastic.....easy rider  ;D ;D  :P :P :-*

so with no pedal ~( and as usual, im abusing the ~$£" out of it........)

no pedal ....28 MPH on the level
pedal.......30 MPH on the level

So if I instigate the 120% setting, im in to 34MPH....( on the slow wind mind you, fast wind is on its way from china

did some acceleration from 0...the motor is well able to handle it....but the noise.....its a different beast

I think if you want  to comparet the noise with the pie......think cat purring to dentist drill....both hum, but.....

Saying that, its not that bad, ....just not a pretty noise, not elegant like a DD motor, but its light, will power up hills, willl freewheel

Ill do a massive comparison thread soon

however this mutha needs composite gears ( I have one steel too), and some alphawire love

Ill continue on a new post, comparing all three motors :)

Mark, got cellman to answer eventually,, spare composite gearset  coming also, 8T wind :)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 09:49:11 PM »
I have a serious recommendation you guys and your primo testing should try a small wheel diameter.

If I had ground clearance with my frame I would have dual 16'd my bike but went 20" to be practical instead. I've never, and won't go back from smaller wheels!!!

I can pedal my dual drive without any assistance for great distances, uphill I do admit its a bit of a challenge but it isn't that bad. I can't do that on the 24" ebike I have.

Just wish I lived in NZ so I could make an uphill video of this baby

I have however, sourced some very decent local hills I'll be hitting up once this thing is finally finished :D

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »
funilly enough, I have been given a small BMX frame, ( but a pro one, with embedded tubes, if that makes sense)...just waiting for money, my spoke cutting tools, etc etc....

What, monkey, is the advantage of the smaller wheel racer In your opinion ( apart from BMX handlebars :) )