Author Topic: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!  (Read 23590 times)

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »
I ordered a new Pie on Tuesday morning (via GM site) and now its friday evening and still do not have a EMS delivery tracking number from GM site. Is this normal? The quietness is spooky and 5-10 days delivery looks more unlikely as the days tick by  :'(

Is there anyone out there who can steady my nerves - I mean I am a little bit exicted to get my first pie so PLEASE I don't want to be that person who has to wait for more than month!

Cheers
Webby

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
hi there
:)

did you order from canada ?, you can always send an email direct to gary at gm canada, who is always more than happy to let you know if the unit has been dispatched

In general, 10 working days is quite usual for all the shipments ive had from the states :)

see ya morrow ;)
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »
once GM put your order into transit it will take around five days to reach you. Total arrival time will of course depend on how quickly they post the order.  Check to see if there is a chinese holiday at present, this slowed down my first order which took about 15 days in total after I sent payment, but it was only in transit for about 5 days.  My advise as said above, in future order through Gary(GM Canada), he will often drop ship from China for you but your communications and guarantee will be through him.

I emailed TOM at GM to get my tracking number. he tracked the parcel for me and updated the tracking number when the consignment changed shipping companies. try emailing your receipt/order number to him, I'm  not sure if this is the correct email   zhourenli@goldenmotor.com    keep the email request very simple for ease of communication.

Saying all that i'm in the UK.   Where abouts are you?

Andrew :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:36:32 AM by Andrew »

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:33:16 PM »
Hi Andrew
Webby is down near me...a few miles away

Mr webby got his hands on my dual pies this morning ( ooo-errr)....to say  the least, kid in a candy shop.....

Good to meet you Mr webby :)..

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »
you're becoming a bit of an european hub for e-bike enthusiasts :D  Bearded men will soon be making pilgrimages from far and wide bearing gifts such as pvc tape, hose clips and cable ties   :D

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »
Hi Andrew

Yup, getting around... :)

been thinking about that..could set up a service to help people out adding things like the cycle analyst , at an hourly rate ( 5 pot of honey per hour)....looks like there is certainly a market opening up for it....andrew, you can franchise and cover Wales ??

Anyway, Andrew, remind me later in the year, we could all get together for bbq, beer and pie ;), got any welsh mountain scenic routes ?
getting scary this ebike stuff  8)

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »
 >:( Hell Fire!  :'(

I've just released I have ordered from the wrong Golden motor - www.goldenmotor.com and not Canada www.goldenmotor.ca !!

What an idiot, who knows where and what condition it will turn up in now  :-[ The service has been zero they have not replied t my emails.

Anyway good to meet yesterday Ginge - your bike is awesome!!

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:47 AM »
Hi Andrew

Thanks for the info - I will contact TOM in this case. As Ginge said I live just a few mile away from him in Finchampstead in Berkshire (just outside Wokingham)

I lihe the summer BBQ meet up idea!

Cheers all
Webby

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 07:15:47 AM »
Could my nightmare about to get worse!

Andrew - how much import duty did you pay from China to UK for a wheel? I just used a duty calculator and got the following ... + £332 for import taxes!!

If this is true then I'm going to have to try and cancell the order - NIGHTMARE!!

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »
..can't be right so checked again and I am wrong its £67 to pay -  :-[

Anyone know how this gets paid? i.e. at the doorstep with courier or ??

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 07:26:31 AM »
Hi Kevin

Np problem, I got spares of just about everything, so we should be able to sort any problems that you have

What happens is usually parcelforce will sent you a letter saying that you have a parcel at the depot, you go there and pay at the counter, then collect your parcel...or you can call them, pay by card then arrange delivery etcccc

if you get a tracking number, then you might be able to use the number at the parcelforce website, so you can avoid the delay

i paid abotu 45 for my wheel in charges..

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »
Could my nightmare about to get worse!

Andrew - how much import duty did you pay from China to UK for a wheel? I just used a duty calculator and got the following ... + £332 for import taxes!!

If this is true then I'm going to have to try and cancell the order - NIGHTMARE!!

my first pie kit with GM battery from China was dealt with by TNT and they charged a about a £30.00 handling fee. You may get lucky by China putting a much smalerl price tag on the declaration form ;)  so this can help to keep down duties

My second wheel kit w/o a battery was from China but through Gary in Canada, this time EMS did the shipping and there was no charge at all ;D   EMS seem very good for this, also another added bonus for ordering via GM CA ;)

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »
Hi Andrew

Yup, getting around... :)

been thinking about that..could set up a service to help people out adding things like the cycle analyst , at an hourly rate ( 5 pot of honey per hour)....looks like there is certainly a market opening up for it....andrew, you can franchise and cover Wales ??

Anyway, Andrew, remind me later in the year, we could all get together for bbq, beer and pie ;), got any welsh mountain scenic routes ?
getting scary this ebike stuff  8)

Actually a very interesting/tempting proposal. i've had so much interest in my bike from teachers in work and friends alike perhaps this needs some serious consideration.  Also, I'd defintely use your services as far as upgrading is concerned(going from stats of the infineon).

I'm sure we can all get together this summer there are plenty of scenic rides once outside of Cardiff, Brecon Beacons National Park is 45 to 60 mins away by train

I do very much like the idea of a honey based BBQ  ;D  .   Lawn Party at Windsor,, sounds very posh  :D

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
The delivery company are using EMS, so as you say I might get lucky - thanks for the feedback.

Today I fixed the battery plate nice and good and solid to rack using stainless steel bolts and locking nuts. I was hoping to 'shroud' and conceal the rack and battery with a nice discreet rack sized saddle bag but had to delay as Halfords wants £54 - shocking price! Might improvise somehow instead  :-\

Just can't wait for Pie now - might take a couple of days off when they arrive .. you know .. take my time .. sup on a few cold beers ..sup on a few more .. few test spins etc.

Cheers for now all.

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
gimme a shout if you have any issues, not too far away :)