Author Topic: Canada Ontario e bike laws  (Read 20235 times)

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Canada Ontario e bike laws
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:52:20 PM »
Definition of an Electric Bicycle ("e-bike")
© Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2009

1. What is a power-assisted bicycle ("e-bike")?

For use in the Province of Ontario, a power-assisted bicycle, or e-bike, is a bicycle that:

·         Has a maximum weight of 120 kg (includes the weight of bike and battery);

·         Has wheels with a diameter of at least 350 mm and width of at least 35 mm; and

·         Meets the federal definition of a power-assisted bicycle:

·         has steering handlebars and is equipped with pedals,

·         is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground,

·         is capable of being propelled by muscular power,

·         has one or more electric motors that have, singly or in combination, the following characteristics:

·         it has a total continuous power output rating, measured at the shaft of each motor, of 500 W or less,

·         if it is engaged by the use of muscular power, power assistance immediately ceases when the muscular power ceases,

·         if it is engaged by the use of an accelerator controller, power assistance immediately ceases when the brakes are applied, and

·         it is incapable of providing further assistance when the bicycle attains a speed of 32 km/h on level ground,

·         bears a label that is permanently affixed by the manufacturer and appears in a conspicuous location stating, in both official languages, that the vehicle is a power-assisted bicycle as defined federally, and

·         has one of the following safety features,

·         an enabling mechanism to turn the electric motor on and off that is separate from the accelerator controller and fitted in such a manner that it is operable by the driver, or

·         a mechanism that prevents the motor from being engaged before the bicycle attains 3 km/hr.

?

2.?Why is Ontario placing additional safety equipment requirements on e-bikes? ?Why is meeting the federal definition alone not sufficient? On October 3, 2006, the Province of Ontario began a pilot project to evaluate the use of power-assisted bicycles (also known as electric bikes or e-bikes) on roads and highways where conventional bicycles were allowed. The pilot was open to all Ontarians 16 years of age and older and ran for three years. ?During the pilot, electric bicycles were treated as bicycles and had to follow the same rules of the road as set out in the Highway Traffic Act that applied to cyclists, with two exceptions:

· Operators had to be 16 years of age or older, and

· All operators had to wear an approved bicycle helmet at all times.

During its e-bike pilot evaluation, the province had requested, and received, feedback from various stakeholders including environmental groups, bicycling groups, e-bike retailers, manufacturers, importers, law enforcement, municipalities, safety advocates, and other ministries. ?The feedback had been, for the most part, encouraging and positive. ?Based on the results we were confident in proceeding with legislative amendments in Bill 126, the Road Safety Act, 2009 that reflected the pilot’s operating requirements.? However, many stakeholders and members of the public did share concerns involving the safe integration of e-bikes, and in particular scooter-style e-bikes because of their size, weight and mode of operation.? Therefore additional safety feature requirements for e-bikes, based largely on Best Practices issued by the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators, were implemented.

?

3.? Is a power-assisted bicycle the same as an e-bike? Yes. ?An e-bike is considered a power-assisted bicycle as long as it meets all the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

4.?Do all e-bikes look like bicycles?? I have seen some that look like motor scooters being advertised as e-bikes-bikes may resemble conventional bicycles, or resemble scooters and limited-speed motorcycles.

Effective October 3, 2009, conventional style and scooter-style e-bikes that meet the definition of a power-assisted bicycle, as described above, are permitted on roads and highways where conventional bicycles are currently allowed. They must follow the same rules of the road as set out in the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) that currently apply to cyclists, with some exceptions (see sections on Safety and Equipment Requirements, and Operating Requirements below)

?

5.?Why did the ministry decide to include scooter-style e-bikes in the definition of "bicycle"?  The current position of Ontario is no different than other Canadian jurisdictions that permit e-bikes on their roads.? Ontario adopted the definition of power-assisted bicycle contained in s. 2(1) of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada). Despite the differences in appearance, both scooter-style e-bikes and conventional-style e-bikes that meet the federal definition of a power-assisted bicycle are available in the market.

?

Safety and Equipment Requirements

6.?What safety requirements are in place for e-bikes? Aren’t they, particularly those resembling scooters, heavier than conventional bicycles? Can’t they accelerate from a stopped-position much faster? To operate an e-bike on Ontario’s public roads, the following vehicle safety and operator requirements are in place:

· E-bike must not weigh more than 120 kg (includes the weight of bike and battery).

· All operators and passengers must be at least 16 years of age.

· All operators and passengers must wear an approved bicycle or motorcycle helmets.

· All electrical terminals must be completely covered.

· Two independent braking systems consistent with requirements for motorcycles and motor-assisted bicycles (mopeds) that applies force to each wheel and is capable of bringing the e-bike, while being operated at a speed of 30 km/h, to a full stop within 9 metres from the point at which the brakes were applied.

· The minimum wheel width or diameter shall not be less than 35mm/350mm.

· No modifications to the motor to allow it to exceed a power output greater than 500W and a speed greater than 32 km/h.

· The battery and motor must be securely fastened to the vehicle to prevent them from moving while the e-bike is operating.

?

7.? Am I allowed to modify my e-bike so it can go faster than 32 km/h?  No. Modifying your e-bike for the purposes of increasing its speed beyond 32 km/h will no longer qualify it as an e-bike.? Motor-assisted bicycle (moped) and/or limited-speed motorcycle (LSM) requirements such as licensing, registration and insurance may then apply.

?

8.? My e-bike weighs more than 120 kg. Am I allowed to operate this vehicle in Ontario?  Currently, only e-bikes weighing 120 kg and under are allowed to be operated on Ontario’s public roads as e-bikes. A weight greater than 120 kg will no longer qualify as an e-bike.? Limited-speed motorcycle (LSM) requirements such as licensing, registration and insurance may then apply.

?

Operating Requirements

9.? What do I need to operate an e-bike?  To operate an e-bike:

· No driver's licence is required

· No written test is required

· No vehicle registration or plate is required

· No motor vehicle liability insurance is required

· All operators/riders/passengers must be 16 years of age and older.

· All persons operating an e-bike are required to wear an approved bicycle or motorcycle helmet.

?

10.? Why is there an age restriction? Even though power-assisted bicycles are treated as bicycles, they are generally heavier, can travel at a maximum speed of 32 km/hr and require additional physical strength to safely manage.

Currently, eight Canadian jurisdictions (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and the Yukon Territory) have legalized power-assisted bicycles for public road use and are treating these vehicles as conventional bicycles and not as motor vehicles. Of these eight jurisdictions, four have a minimum age requirement - the requirement is 12 years in Alberta, 14 in Manitoba and 16 in British Columbia and Quebec.

?

11.?What are the rules for wearing a helmet? Anyone operating or riding on an e-bike is required to wear an approved bicycle or motorcycle helmet. There are no age exemptions.

?

12.?On what roads can an e-bike travel?  E-bikes are allowed to travel anywhere bicycles are permitted to travel.? Any municipal by-law prohibiting bicycles from highways under their jurisdiction also apply to e-bikes. Municipalities may also pass by-laws specific to e-bikes that prohibit them from municipal roads, sidewalks, bike paths, bike trails, and bike lanes under their jurisdiction.

E-bikes, like bicycles, are not allowed on controlled-access highways such as 400 series highways, the Queen Elizabeth Way, the Queensway in Ottawa or the Kitchener-Waterloo Expressway, or on municipal roads, including sidewalks where bicycles are banned under municipal by-laws.

?

13.? If my driver’s licence has been suspended, can I legally operate an e-bike? It depends on the particular circumstances that lead to the licence suspension.? If your driver's licence suspension was related to a conviction under the Criminal Code of Canada, you cannot legally operate an e-bike.? If your driver's licence has been suspended under these or other circumstances, it is recommended that you discuss your situation with a licensed legal practitioner before deciding to operate an e-bike.

?

14.? Am I allowed to carry passengers on my e-bike? Under the Highway Traffic Act, section 178(2), passengers are not allowed on a bicycle designed for one person.

?

E-bikes and Limited-Speed Motorcycles (LSM)

15.? What are the safety differences between a scooter-style e-bike and a limited-speed motorcycle (LSM)?A scooter-style e-bike does not have to meet any federal safety standards and can reach a maximum speed of 32 km/h. Limited-speed motorcycles (LSMs) must meet several federal safety standards and can attain a maximum speed of 70 km/h; the maximum speed for a moped is 50 km/h.

Unlike LSM and moped operators, operators of scooter-style e-bikes do not require licensing, insurance and registration.

16.? How can I visually tell the difference between a scooter-style e-bike and an LSM?E-bikes may resemble conventional bicycles, or resemble scooters and limited-speed motorcycles. However some key visual differences do exist:

·         Unlike LSMs, the definition of an e-bike requires that it be equipped with pedals.

·         LSMs are required to be registered and plated whereas e-bikes are neither required to be registered or fitted with a licence plate.

·         E-bikes are required to bear a label that is permanently affixed by the manufacturer and appears in a conspicuous location stating, in both official languages, that the vehicle is a power-assisted bicycle as defined federally.

·         The easiest way to identify if your vehicle is a limited-speed motorcycle is by the label. The label is usually fastened to the steering column or under the seat. Look beside "type of vehicle" and it will say LSM/MVL. ?All newer models of LSMs and mopeds have a label for ease of identification. ?

·         If the vehicle was manufactured on, or after, September 1, 1988, it must have affixed a compliance label required under the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada) that identifies the motor vehicle as a limited-speed motorcycle.

·         If the vehicle was manufactured before September 1, 1988 and does not have a label, you will be able to identify it as a limited-speed motorcycle by the following:

Electric or gas powered

Maximum speed of 70 km/h

Automatic transmission

Has a "step through" vehicle design

Maximum engine displacement of 50 cubic centimetres or less.

?

17.? What does an e-bike label say?

Sample label  

THIS VEHICLE IS A POWER
ASSISTED BICYCLE AND
MEETS ALL THE
REQUIREMENTS UNDER
SECTION 2(1) OF THE
CANADA MOTOR VEHICLE
SAFETY REGULATIONS.

CE VÉHICULE EST UNE BICYCLETTE
ASSISTÉE ET RECONTRE LA NORME 2(1)
DU RÈGLEMENT SUR LA SÉCURITÉ
DES VÉHICULES AUTOMOBILES DU CANADA.

Manufacturers of e-bikes must permanently affix a label, in a conspicuous location, stating in both official languages that the vehicle is a power-assisted bicycle as defined in the regulations under the federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

?

18.? What does an LSM compliance label look like?

Sample label

?  

Costs and Batteries

20.? How much do e-bikes cost?  E-bikes usually retail for between $1,000 and $2,800 in Ontario.

?

21.? How far can I travel on a single charge of the battery? On power-assist mode, one charge can provide traveling distance of 20-100 km, depending on the terrain and the model.

?

22.? How long will the battery last before I have to buy a new one? The life cycle of the battery is up to 500 charges.

?

Enforcement

23.? What is the ministry doing to ensure that law enforcement is accurately informed about the e- bike rules of the road and regulations? The ministry has communicated and advised traffic enforcement officers, through the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, on the e-bike regulations and relevant rules of the road under the Highway Traffic Act.

?

24.? If a police officer stopped someone who was drunk while driving an e-bike, how would they be charged? Would this be a Criminal Code offence or an HTA offence? Drinking and driving a motor vehicle is a Criminal Code offence and charges are laid under the Criminal Code of Canada. Under the Criminal Code, the definition of a "motor vehicle" would include an e-bike and anyone operating an e-bike intoxicated could be charged for impaired driving. If convicted, the offender would be subject to the Criminal Code penalties, including a fine or jail time, and a driving prohibition.

Under the Highway Traffic Act, an e-bike is not classified as a motor vehicle, so penalties for impaired driving under the Act would not apply.

?

25.? Are the fines for e-bike offences the same as bicycle offences? Yes. All the set fines established for violating rules of the road and equipment standards that apply to bicyclists apply to drivers of e-bikes.
For example:

Offence
 HTA Section?- Bicycle*
 Set Fine
 Court Fee
 Victim Fine
 Total

Improper lighting
 62(17)*
 $?20.00
 $?5.00
 $?10.00
 $?35.00

Improper brakes
 64(2)
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

No bell or defective bell
 75(5)
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Fail to wear proper helmet
 104(2.1)*
 $?60.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?85.00

Disobey stop sign, fail to stop
 136(1)(a)
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Red light - fail to stop
 144(18)
 $?150.00
 $?5.00
 $?25.00
 $?180.00

Careless driving
 $?260.00
 $?5.00
 $?60.00
 $?325.00

Fail to yield to pedestrian
 140(1)(a)
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Drive wrong way - one way traffic
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Bicycle - fail to turn out to right when overtaken
 148(6)*
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Cyclist - ride in or along crosswalk
 144(29)*
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Cyclist - fail to stop or to identify self
 218(2)*
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

Ride 2 on a bicycle
 178(2)*
 $?85.00
 $?5.00
 $?20.00
 $?110.00

*HTA offences specific to the operation of bicycles and to bicyclists

?

26.? If I get stopped by a police officer while riding my e-bike, do I need to show ID?  Under the Highway Traffic Act, section 218, cyclists must stop and identify themselves when required to stop by police for breaking traffic laws. The police officer will ask you for your correct name and address.

?

27.? Will municipalities be able to pass by-laws to prohibit e-bikes? Yes. Municipalities have the ability to prohibit where e-bikes may travel and may do so at their own discretion.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:33:00 AM by Bikemad »

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Canada Ontario e bike laws
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »
Hi all Anyone know where to get manufacturers label to put on motor that states bike or motor/conntroller meet all requirments under section 2(1) of the Canada motor safety regulations.Or knows how to make up one on computer that would look legit if pulled over by police?Im not sure what should be on label.Max watts 500 hehe volts 24 hehehe max speed 32 kmh hehehehe. this vehicle is a power assisted bicycle and meets all the requirements under section 2(1) of the Canada motor vehicle safety regulations or act and it must say it in french also I think.Anything else im missing?Would look good as the first thing he is going to do is look for some kind of label.

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
Label opinions?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
The label looks good except for the spelling of "golden motors" instead of "golden motor". Im not even sure if you need it as you are the final manufacturer of the product, not golden motor. Ebike laws on build your own kits are sketchey. You may want to try to find out if one is actually required for a build your own kit. I have never had any luck finding the answer.

The reason I say this is I recently looked into having some printed and since I was unsure what is required the printer tried looking into it himself (yes he is a friend). He then came back to me with these questions.

If you had a wheel from GM, a controller from infeon, a battery from ping, a bike form canadian tire. Who is the manufacturer? Should it not be the builders own name on the label as the manufacturer?

With the combination of items on a build your own kit project, how could any particular party be responsable for the bike to fall within legal limits other the the person that did the acual build?

I don't know, it is a confusing scenario. When trying to get answers for govt sources there are no clear answers. Actually no answers at all other then "good question, I don't know".

Gary

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »
Thanks Gary When I made label I just wanted it to look good with all info police would be interested in,max watts.volts ,amps and top speed.Yes I left the s and co from name because it was hard to clean up on windows paint so that the lettering was clear when you shrink pic down.First time I used it.The law says manufacturer must affix label with spec of bike and and that bike conforms to Canadian vehicle safety regulations at time of manufacture.Yes the e bike laws are very sketchey and leaves it up to police discretion to decide what to do. I just feel that it would be better to have something I can point to that  states this bike conforms to canadian law.I realize gm not the manufacturer of bike just motor kit but police don't no that.I don't think I would tell police I made it as that could cause more question.From my experiance after being pulled over numerous times on my dirt bike and atv. After drivers licence,name,address,dob and is it stolen,the police will be looking for some kind of numbers to write down in there little note pad hoping to be able to fine or charge and arresst you for something.You can say what you want to the police but 9 times out 10 they will think you are lying and look for label IMO.The write up about canada e bike laws I found on Owen sound police web site posted march 10 2011 but not sure if they are up to date.Its scary to think that the police have no clue about e bike laws.Is that not dereliction of duty.Anyone know who would have the information we are looking for?I may never have a problem with police but it would be nice to know so that I could educate them as it seems that police are not interested in staying up to date on the current e bike laws that they are inforcing.I made a post about being pulled over on fourm to get others opinions on subject but know one reply d.Maybe thats a good thing.Im going to get in touch with local opp and see what they say.As more and more e bikes hit the road I can see Canada making it maditory in the near future that all e bikes are subject to inspection to see that bike meets regulations and give you sticker or something,  like on your licence plate for a car for a fee of course lol.Let you know how it goes. rollin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:27:52 AM by rollin76 »

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
Found these pics on fourm.Looks like someone else spelled it wrong to lol.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:34:39 AM by rollin76 »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: It's Golden Motor not Golden Motors
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:30:23 PM »
The label looks good except for the spelling of "golden motors" instead of "golden motor".

Yes I left the s and co from name because it was hard to clean up on windows paint so that the lettering was clear when you shrink pic down.

Rollin, you seem to have missed Gary's point, there isn't supposed to be an "s" on the end of Golden Motor, but you have added one making it incorrect, in the previous pictures it was spelt correctly, but on your label it is not. ;)
I would suggest a Voltage and Maximum RPM which is correct for your battery and wheel size or perhaps don't mention wheel RPM.
(See attachment below.)

The maximum power allowed should be the motor's actual output, not what it uses.
A 500w motor would need to use 625 Watts of power @ 80% efficiency (26Amps @ 24V) to produce the 500W maximum output.
If a hubmotor was only 50% efficient you could use up to 41.67Amps @ 24V (27.77Amps @ 36V) without breaking the law.  ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:32:26 PM by Bikemad »

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »
Thanks Bikemad.I have 4 variations of this label saved on my computer now.Posted the wrong one sorry guys.I was wonders what Gary was saying about the s because the one I was looking at on my computer at the time has no s in motor . I thought he was saying that it was missing an s.Here I am thinking Gary wanted me to spell it with an s because he said The label looks good except for the spelling of Golden Motors INSTEAD OF Golden motor.I thought the label was spelled correct and me being smart ass post picks of batterys with correct spelling and im the one that spelled it wrong in the first place lol.What an idiot I can be at times.Misunderstood.Guess I should have checked  label before posting pics lol.I will fix that. What should rpm be for 26 rim at 32 kmh ?How do you figure out kmh from wheel size and rpm?I have read it on fourm somewhere  but now that I need it I cant find it.I will say I have 36v batt but really I will have 48v so I want label to be 36v.I plan to make one for battery also that says 36v.Do you think I should include efficiency or would that just confuse them?I think the most important info is max watt 500 and max speed 32kmh .What about max weight as bikes have a max weight limit also?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »
Hi Rollin

I can see you have put alot of work into this label but have you looked at the ontario ebike faq?

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/emerging/e-bike-faq.shtml

This maybe where you are referencing your information from. Your label looks more like the one required on an LSM vehicle (section 18) rather then the sample ebike label they provide (section 17)

If you look at the label suggested as a sample from the government it does not say who made the bike, It only states that it meets the requirements to define it as an ebike. For some reason I cant cut and paste it but all it says in the sample label is this in both official languages.

THIS VEHICLE IS A POWER
ASSISTED BICYCLE AND
MEETS ALL THE
REQUIREMENTS UNDER
SECTION 2(1) OF THE
CANADA MOTOR VEHICLE
SAFETY REGULATIONS.

CE VÉHICULE EST UNE BICYCLETTE
ASSISTÉE ET RECONTRE LA NORME 2(1)
DU RÈGLEMENT SUR LA SÉCURITÉ
DES VÉHICULES AUTOMOBILES DU CANADA.

I also still feel you are the manufacturer of the bike and you should legally be allowed to print and affix your own lable stating its an ebike. Of course I am no lawyer but this makes sence to me.

Gary
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:20:12 AM by GM Canada »

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »
Hi Gary all info above came from Owen Sound police website that was posted this month so it should be up to date.all it says is it must say in both languages the statement in your last post and thats it I guess.I don't know if it is necessary to have rest of info but I think it should have  max watt and speed at least as these two are most important in classifying it as a power assist bicycle IMO.Just stating what is allowed incase police don't know which would not surprise me lol.I would also like the name on label to match name of wheel so it looks more creadable .I wrote to Orillia OPP asking about current e bike laws and also bolt on electric conversion kits and there requirments.I also asked what kind of documation or labeling was needed and what it should say.Waiting for a reply.I take it Gary you have not had any encounters with police while  riding your bike around mississauga?It would be nice if anyone that has a store bought e bike from canadian tire or something that has labels on it to post some pics please to give us some ideas on what should be on label.I will wait and see what opp have to say.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
Do you have a link to that site for us to see? I am still not sure why you would want to include more information then what is suggested by the government in the ontario ebike faq. I think I will take a trip to canadian tire in the near future just to see what is attached to their ebikes.

Gary

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »
HI Gary   http://www.owensoundpolice.com/newsfull.php?NewsID=1064  I will wait until I hear back from opp and see what they have to say.500w max and 32kmh max are the main factors in this bike being classified as power assist bicycle so I figure it would be good to have this info.I don't know what is necessary. I to am planning a trip to Canadian tire on friday to see if there bikes have any labels.There is also an electric bike/scooter shop I plan to stop at along the way who should have some answers also. rollin
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:40:40 PM by rollin76 »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 06:01:09 AM »
Looks like the same acticle on a different website. Still section 17 shows what is required on a label. It just states that it meets the guidelines. It's simlular to truckers log books in ontario (and probably elsewhere). At one time you used to have a list of items you were supposed to check off before you start out. Now you just sign your log stating you inspected to meet the regulations.

Gary

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
Still have not got a reply from OPP lol.Figures.Went to canadian tire and local scooter shop and all have just the one label stating this is a power assisted bicycle and meets all the requirments ect...and nothing else.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »
Sounds like the kiss method works. Also you being the Manuafacturer (final assembler) means you should be able to make your own label. At least thats my logic when you read the rules. But what do I know. I should probably be arrested for lack of knowledge! ;)

Gary