Author Topic: My euro regs standard dual pie rewire......  (Read 13145 times)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: My euro regs standard dual pie rewire......
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »
Hi Monkey

yes im running 2 x miniature 5v relays from the hall sensor feed, but no I don't run the power lights built into the throttle, never bothered wiring it up as I have the cycle analyst....

Yes, this setup as described is fully working, has been for 500 Miles, no problems whatsoever.....but they are mini mini relays ....ill; try and get a linkk for you

Regards
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 10:35:14 AM »
Shweeet well as long its working who cares lol

Alan actually led me to confirm that no, there is no 5v going to the throttle lights - on closer inspection red wire is connected to the hall sensor gnd.

Post the link up in case someone else is looking for it, otherwise it's cool I'll stick to the 'sisters
(not tranny's lol)

;)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
I believe this is the one

Single pole, dual throw....( meaning you have a choice in whether application of the current turns the switch on or off, on for cycle analyst, and off for 2nd wheel throttle)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/2a-sub-miniature-relays-37525

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Relays and switches
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 02:44:25 AM »

Ginge, as both of your relays are operated from a single switch, why did you decide to use two SPDT relays instead of just one DPDT relay?

If anyone was considering a similar setup, but didn't want to go to the trouble of a hidden reed switches and magnets, they could easily mount a miniature DPDT toggle switch somewhere easily accessible (but out of sight) instead.

Miniature DPDT Relay                                        Miniature DPDT Toggle Switch

Regarding the above pair of 10K and 2K resistors in series on the throttle 5V feed, is the 1V supply a result of the voltage drop through both resistors as you've shown (the same as it would through a single 12K resistor), or does it come from between the two resistors (with the 2K going to ground) like the simple voltage divider circuit below?

Vout = 2 / (2+10) x 5V = 0.83V

Alan

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
2 Resistors in series, ( read it somewhere in the forums)

Yup, a DPDT could have done the same, but they werent in stock due to snow for 1 month :).......needed to get it running as soon as possible, and as it worked, didnt bother to change....

As always though, the reason for posting in the forum, is that people far more electronically educated than myself, can finetune, and the end result is great for people who are looking for ideas......

regards