Author Topic: Magic Pie II Updates  (Read 69848 times)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Magic Pie II Updates
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »
Hi Mark

Check this one out, 16 in Magic Pie at 88v volts 50 amps racing around with another over amped bike. Of couse this would void you warranty ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwv-2wPjhQ0

Gary

Hi Gary,

lol that was fast indeed!

My warranty was void very quickly when I modded and fried my internal controller LOL  ;D

I think 100 volts would be way too quick, But it would be cool to have the option of twice the distance or nearly twice the speed say when you are out in summer and you see a storm coming and you want to get home really quick!  ;D

I don't think it's possible to have a controller to work with such a voltage range though?

Mark

Offline discodave

• Confirmed
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »
Big BUMP for this thread!

Any news on the pie II ?

Mark

Hi Mark,

As much as I say it, no one ever seems to agree with me. Alot of people, including myself have been riding around on the Magic Pie II for quite a while. The wheel is centered and has a programable controller that can be internal or external. GM is always improving and releasing new products and in the future there will be more improvments made. Also I'm sure in the future people will still ask "where are the Magic Pie II's" and at that time I will be telling them, "we are already riding around on what people should consider MP3." I am sure many at that time wont believe me either.  

Think about it, If people were suddenly presented with a newer wheel with a new name, it would simply make eveything that already exists obsolete. I don't think it will ever happen. It wouldn't make sence to do it that way. I think we are more likely to see people in the forum in the future post something like. "I just received my new Magic Pie and its even better then the old one!"

Enjoy the Ride!
Gary

Ok but people would probably like to know when they can expect upgrade, not asking Magic Pie II but asking... when there will be a product on sale with this feature:
"1)Max volts accepted increased to 90V (accepts 24V, 36V, 48V and 72V)"

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »
so can a Magic Pie 16 "winding" be placed in a 26 inch casing ??/(Ginge thinks, dual pies, less torque, more RPM....hmmmmm)
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2011, 05:23:21 AM »
I'd say YES to that....

Shouldn't you be able to just swap the stators by popping them in and out??

I guess on the website you could choose 16" motor only and swap them over?

Lol get an external one, and leave the internal controller in the other one so you can swap them over :D

Offline suprted1

• Confirmed
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »
After emailing with GM, there is no 72/90Volt edition available yet.
Does anyone know if there will be ?
And he also said that MPII was available, but there is no 72/90 volt edition.

Is there anyone who would explain how they have modified these controllers, or which they may have used. To achieve an 72Volt or higher support ?
Suprted1

26" Rear MPII, 14/15S LiPo, but I need to fix several spokes after the first testride of 20-30Km. Topspeed 50kh/h 35-40 on flat road, I neeeeed more :):)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
After emailing with GM, there is no 72/90Volt edition available yet.
Does anyone know if there will be ?
And he also said that MPII was available, but there is no 72/90 volt edition.

Is there anyone who would explain how they have modified these controllers, or which they may have used. To achieve an 72Volt or higher support ?

You will need an external controller capable of your input voltage, so the GM high end controller or an external (non-GM) will be required.

Do not exceed 50A current without expecting some heat issues. Magic Pie motor is most efficient ~50v

Either way... DO IT !!

lol

Offline suprted1

• Confirmed
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »
Hello

High end controller, ? where do I find that one ? (much easier to order as much as possible the same place,if the price is right)
What voltage may it handle ?
Is it USB programmable ?
BAC0282P 48V/50Ah This one ? Or the 300/500Ah, expensive ones....If so,
WinXP software ?? Works with W7 ?

Heat issues in the controller ??
That may be handled, more aluminium or air.

A lot of questions here, maybe someone has some yes/no answers and I´ll be very happy.

I wanna make a fun bike for myself, the last one disappeared into the better half (just a little available once in a while).

Thanks a lot :)
Suprted1
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:09:59 PM by suprted1 »
Suprted1

26" Rear MPII, 14/15S LiPo, but I need to fix several spokes after the first testride of 20-30Km. Topspeed 50kh/h 35-40 on flat road, I neeeeed more :):)