Author Topic: *Solved* My pie is broken and No warranty help from GM  (Read 20311 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: My pie is broken and No warranty help from GM
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »
Hey Anders

Hope it works out... And are you sure 56km/h? wowzers

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 04:13:56 PM »
Hey Anders

Hope it works out... And are you sure 56km/h? wowzers

Thanks
Ohh yes I used my GPS to see the speed, no downhill, very flat and there was more power to use, so I havent checked out the topspeed.

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 07:03:31 AM »
Nice!!

Yours sounded like a very hungry pie, I think my eyes start watering at 30!

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »
Nice!!

Yours sounded like a very hungry pie, I think my eyes start watering at 30!

Hi hi hi thank god Im wearing glasses  ;)

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »
Still nothing from GM on how I should do to have a replacement Internal controler.

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »
Still nothing from GM on how I should do to have a replacement Internal controler.

I have got several emails from Tom and now he said he have ship out a new replacement controller. I keep my fingers crossed  ;D

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 12:14:33 AM »
Anders, thanks for keeping us informed, I hope that new controller arrives soon.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:57:02 PM by Bikemad »

Offline lightningstoreI70

• Low Speed Electric Bicycle
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 04:36:07 AM »

I have got several emails from Tom and now he said he have ship out a new replacement controller. I keep my fingers crossed  ;D

If you don't get your controller soon, let me know.  If you are in the United States, I can help you.  I have one or two just laying around.  But you would have to pay shipping to and from.

Authorized Golden Motors Dealer
http://i70west.com

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 09:03:44 AM »

If you don't get your controller soon, let me know.  If you are in the United States, I can help you.  I have one or two just laying around.  But you would have to pay shipping to and from.

Thank you I will let you know.

Offline phunkinutz

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Did you manage to get the controler? Im in a similar situation. Problems with motor and/ or controler and no help from GM. Very upsetting and very frustrating.   :-[

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »
Did you manage to get the controler? Im in a similar situation. Problems with motor and/ or controler and no help from GM. Very upsetting and very frustrating.   :-[

Nope not yet, im still belive and hoping its on its way to me from China but I havent got it yet.

I understand your frustation they best suggestion to start with is to email Tom (tom@goldenmotor.com or zhourenli@goldenmotor.com)  explain the fault in simple terms and keep the email short !

Make a thread here on the board and Im shure the people here will do the best to help you out.

// Anders

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:58 AM »
This is not funny to tell you!

One day after 5o km happy riding it wouldnt start when I should ride to work it was only 5 beeps from the MP and the wheel didnt spinn easily, like the breaks was on.

I hope your controller comes soon.

Any ideas why you think the controller failed?

Can you recollect what the bike was doing when you noticed it failed?

Just of interest so we maybe can avoid thi8s happening again.

Check the wires to the hub,  And make sure all the connections are 100%, stuff like that.  Good to have it ready for the new controller.  ;D

I got a Cycle Analyst (CA) from my GM dealer and it helps know how much you are torturing you motor and controller.  Another one is a turnigy watt meter.

Other than this good luck.

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
Wazzzuppppppppp

Hey well, my internal controller is on the way apparently - so I will be back in dual pie action soon w00t

Les - all this talk about you and your 2000W+ pumping pie must have thick crusts.... I'm tempted to mod but mostly reluctant haha

Yes after Alan's post in a topic about the Turnigy I bought one right away, they are cheap as like $30!
Anywho, a week or so later I received my package and before getting the chance to hook it up, a few days later another Turnigy watt meter came !!

It seems I may have had 1 too many bananas if you know what I mean  -  looking at my paypal history I ordered 1 on 2 separate nights!! I doubt that they double charged me...

So I thought I would keep one for spare, but now will probably hook it up with both pies monitoring both throughput and regen values, or most likely will hook it up to each pie because I think I will be more curious to know what pie is doing what...

Whoever configures the Turnigy there must not be any standard. I'm going to open one of them up to adjust the contrast as you nearly have to have it flat to see clearly. I assume that if there is a pot in there connected to the LCD and not a resistor its just soldered with whatever value it went in there in, because my second Turnigy contrast is possibly a bit too much haha I can't win !

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »
This is not funny to tell you!

One day after 5o km happy riding it wouldnt start when I should ride to work it was only 5 beeps from the MP and the wheel didnt spinn easily, like the breaks was on.

I hope your controller comes soon.

Any ideas why you think the controller failed?

Can you recollect what the bike was doing when you noticed it failed?

Just of interest so we maybe can avoid thi8s happening again.

Check the wires to the hub,  And make sure all the connections are 100%, stuff like that.  Good to have it ready for the new controller.  ;D

I got a Cycle Analyst (CA) from my GM dealer and it helps know how much you are torturing you motor and controller.  Another one is a turnigy watt meter.

Other than this good luck.

Hi Leslie

Havent got the controller yet.

Here is the short story what happend to my bike.

The strange thing was that when the bike stopped working so I did nothing special at all.

I was on my way to work early an morning on the summer, went out to my garage, (it wasnt so special hot that day ) took the bike tested that the Pie worked by pushing down the thumb throttle  and the wheel spun.
Took out the bike jumped on it and pressed the thumb throttle again and then the wheel moved a little and then stopped it with the 5 beeps............

Thank you for the advice I will check all the wirings again, and isolate some wirings more just to make sure all things are 100 % foolproof.

I havent got a cykle analyst and maybe I can afford to buy that later as soon I got the Pie to work again. Today it have been 4 months since it got brooken......

Thanks!

// Anders

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »
Wazzzuppppppppp

Hey well, my internal controller is on the way apparently - so I will be back in dual pie action soon w00t

Les - all this talk about you and your 2000W+ pumping pie must have thick crusts.... I'm tempted to mod but mostly reluctant haha

Yeah becareful what you use to mod.  All those ideas about paper clips and resistor wire is a bit like a lucky dip.  If the new Pie comes up short a few hundred watts use your old controller shunt and pair them with the new controller shunt.  Its the easiest trick in the book.

Should be easier having better controll over the performance of at least one Pie to get the dual set balanced.

Bring it on