Author Topic: *Solved* My pie is broken and No warranty help from GM  (Read 20310 times)

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
*Solved* My pie is broken and No warranty help from GM
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »
This is not funny to tell you!

I bought my Magic Pie June 27 this year.

I builded it to my bike, and it was great fun to ride and I hade one of my happiest time with it. One day after 5o km happy riding it wouldnt start when I should ride to work it was only 5 beeps from the MP and the wheel didnt spinn easily, like the breaks was on.

I emailed Tom at GM August 17 and from 18 August, I got the answer from Tom.

"Hello Anders Bengtsson

The internal controller is broken.

Best Regards
Tom "

Ok so I will send back an email to Tom August 18 where I ask how I get it repaired on warranty. Sending even with a receipt from Paypal to show that I have paid my Magic Pie.

Waiting

waiting and 25 August I send an email to Yuan where I write that I have had contact with Tom and he has found that the internal controller is broken

August 29 new email back to the Yuan

August 31 Yuan respond and promise to keep my warranty issue will be resolved ASAP

3 September I send this to the Yuan

"Hi Yao Yuan

Thank you for the reply

I have added some pictures on the bicykle and the email I got from Tom on Goldenmotor there he says the internal controller is broken, I have also added the receipt and the order confirmation I got from sales@goldenmotor.com on the kit I bought from Goldenmotor.

I have only ride on the bike for 50 km and I have only had it for a couple of weeks then it became broken.

I have also taken a videclip on my bike there Im showing you what have happend to my Magic Pie.
You can see the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu6_YwVNsd8

I havent got any more specifik dokuments from Goldenmotor, no warranty card, no instructionbook, no real receipt from you so this things I cant get you!!

The only instruction that was in my package was a single paper that showed how the things should be connected, but mostly documents I got by download them from your great support forum http://www.goldenmotor.com/SMF/ thank you for having that!

Thank you very much in advance and please help me with soloutions to get my Magic Pie fixed ASAP because I really loved to use it then it worked. I have also some friends that are interested in buying their own Magic Pies."

I even bought a new videocam so I could help the guys at GM to decide what have happend to my Pie but nobody wants to help out from GM.
I added lots of photos to on the bike and the faulty Pie.

September 10 New email to Yuan No reply

September 14 New email to Yuan No reply

September 15 New email to Yuan No reply

September 21 New email to Yuan No reply

September 25 New email to Yuan No reply

September 27 New email to Yuan and Tom No reply

September 28 New email to Yuan and Tom No reply

Unfortunately, it looks like I've been scammed and  I can throw the whole MP including the $915  in the garbage.

That is the thank you for wanted to be environmentally friendly!

Thank you for reading!

// Husvarden
Sweden

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:34:17 PM by Husvarden »

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Re: My pie is broken and No warranty help from GM
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:07:28 PM »
this really is not a good advert for the company and does not fill me with confidence seeing that I ordered a MP kit on Tuesday to be delivered to the UK!!! :o

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:19:03 AM »
Hello Husvarden

Can I ask who you bought your kit from. Was it a dealer or GM China?

Gary

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 04:37:58 AM »
Hi Gary

It was directly from GM China and their website http://goldenmotor.com only to save a few $ !

Im sorry that they don't deal with their warrantys in a better way, especially since it seems to be a standard problem with some internal controllers in the Pie.

I have read that in many threads in this forum.

I can try to change the controller by myself but I havent even got some one from GM to reply to my emails about the warranty.

// Husvarden

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »
Hey buddy

Just in case, have you tried only connecting the throttle + cruise control button?

If that does not work, maybe try disconnect everything but the cruise control button; see if the motor beeps only 3 times then see if the cruise control button spins the wheel...

I doubt very highly it is anything small as the lack of movement in the wheel suggest the FET(s) are blown :(

Have faith though, GM will come through. Maybe just send another simple email to tom, maybe reply to that last email he sent and send the email to: tom@goldenmotor.com and say something like;

Hi Tom,

I am still waiting for replacement internal Magic Pie controller.

Yuan also say this needs replacing.

Can you please send my replacement as soon as possible? Thank you

Best Regards
Husvarden Husvarden Surname
Husvarden street address
Husvarden city, area code
Husvarden country
Husvarden country code, area and phone number (eg. +4412312311)

See how you go with that. Good luck and nice bike by the way!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:46 AM »
Unfortunately, it looks like I've been scammed and  I can throw the whole MP including the $915  in the garbage.

Husvarden, I can assure you that has not happened.

Unfortunately, it would appear that Yao Yuan is no longer able to deal with GM warranty matters for the foreseeable future as he is committed to other duties. I sent a text message to him earlier today and I'm positive that something will be sorted regarding your warranty, so don't panic.

Tom is currently very busy now that Yao is unable to assist him, and I know that others from GM have recently been involved with the Interbike International Bicycle Expo in Las Vegas (see attachment below).

GM may be disorganised at times, but they are not scammers and you most certainly have not been scammed by them.

Hopefully you will hear from Tom soon.

Please keep us informed of the outcome.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:31:14 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 02:05:25 PM »
Thanks Alan and MonkeyMagic

I will give it a try again in a few days. Im going away over the weekend today.

Its just that they don't even replys on the emails it makes the customers with warrantys so frustrated. I know many of you are more than happy with your bikes and I was really proud than I was riding my bike the first times it was stong and powerful. I was even up to 56 Km/h (34 mph ) with it, not legal but very fun ; )

I just cant understand whis lack of costumer care.

Have a nice day!

/ Anders

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:53 PM »
Hi Gary

It was directly from GM China and their website http://goldenmotor.com only to save a few $ !

Im sorry that they don't deal with their warrantys in a better way, especially since it seems to be a standard problem with some internal controllers in the Pie.

I have read that in many threads in this forum.

I can try to change the controller by myself but I havent even got some one from GM to reply to my emails about the warranty.

// Husvarden

Can you forward me the email where Tom States "the internal controller is broken" and if you still have it the confirmation mail from gm of your purchase. Also what country do you live in.

You can send this in a PM or better yet please send this to garysalo@goldenmotor.ca

Gary

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:52:17 PM by GM Canada »

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 04:09:12 PM »
Hi Gary

I have sent you those emails.

Thank you for all help in this matter.

Sincerely

// Anders "Husvarden"

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:53:32 AM »
Ill let you know if I can get any response.

Gary

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 08:03:45 AM »
Ill let you know if I can get any response.

Gary

Thank you !!  ;D

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »
You should here from someone shortly. Hope everything turns out ok

Take care
Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:46:04 PM »
You should here from someone shortly. Hope everything turns out ok

Take care
Gary

Now people may ask why I went with GM CA, why I wait 3 mths for a sea delivery?

See Gary, you cant help but help people.  Now you know what I meant by you were good to help.  Keep up the good work there mate.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:19:11 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »

See Gary, you cant help but help people.  Now you know what I meant by you were good to help.  Keep up the good work there mate.

Thanks for that Leslie.

Gary

Offline Husvarden

• Confirmed
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
Very well said Leslie !

It is not hard to sell things, it can all do business.
However, when you happen to sell a defective product it is important to quickly make sure to keep a fast and good dialogue with the client so the client knows what is happening.
Above all, it's important to exceed customer expectations, then you have succeeded as a company.
In this case, the customer will promote the business and enterprise in more satisfied customers.
This is what distinguishes a well-functioning business with one which will disappear within a couple of years.

I really recommend to anyone who wants to buy anything from GM China thinks about and instead buy from a retailer such as Gary GM Canada, who is totally awesome! He sells/shipping wordwide!
In this case, you get a good product and good customer support!

I have still not got any reply or any information on how to get my internal controller changed or any parts so I can change it by myself from GM China.
Still waiting for a message from Philip.

/ Anders