Author Topic: 4x4 Magic Pie.  (Read 11818 times)

Offline North

• Confirmed
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:07:24 PM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: 4 Magic Pie.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »
Amazing!

Very cool! :D

Offline Henkav

Re: 4 Magic Pie.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »
Looking real nice.
Great jop.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 4x4 Magic Pie.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »
I'm really impressed, those "Quad Pies" are awesome!

A superb job, well done!

Any chance of some more details please? and perhaps some close up photos?

With all that negative camber on the wheels, it must throw a lot of muck directly towards you. I think a set of mudguards would be essential in the wet!
It certainly does look like it's a lot of fun to ride, although with four disc brakes and four lots of regenerative braking with such a short wheelbase, I'm guessing it can be a bit scary at times!

I once shortened a car just for fun, which turned out to be very unstable above 25mph, but it was great fun spinning around in tight circles and pulling wheelies in reverse! ;D

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:09:06 PM by Bikemad »

Offline vapid2323

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
Looks great, I think two more batteries might just make it look a little sweeter!

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:54:43 AM »
A Google translation from their home site

35 Lead Customers [Zoom] Wanted

[Zoom] camp develops and markets a brand new, relatively lightweight - 40 kg - and revolutionary electric off-road quad bike, with high mobility in the natural terrain, woods and fields. Accessibility is also naturally high in urban areas.

The product [Zoom] uphill, which will be available in various designs, is brand new in their nature. We therefore need a set [Zoom] test pilots - to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages, strengths and weaknesses of the concept, for in order to deliver valuable information for further development.

With a vision: to create freedom of movement to everyone, everywhere, we see it as very important to create good conditions for our products and related services are received well. That is why we are heading towards a specific category of customers, which we call the Lead Customers, who are our 35 [zooming] test pilots.

Lead Customers may be that in the initial stage investing in a [Zoom] uphill with half the purchase price in advance, knowing and understanding the product to be tested and likely to evolve. For this we want in return, offer a number of advantages for these noble, of our high priority [Zoom], which can be individual, family, business or association.

As a Customer Engineer will [Zoom] camp allow for continuous testing of new implementable solutions and design under the concept [Zoom] uphill, and thus given free access to the latest in the development, for testing on their own [zoom]. Lead Customers also provides excellent discounts on the purchase of [Zoom] uphill and future versions of the [Zoom] concept.

So, as Lead Customer can voluntarily be part of a test pilot groups for the development of the concept [Zoom] uphill as above. The time effort with regard to work in a test pilot group to be very small, and to be perceived as an inspiring and fun activity.

This is for [Zoom] camp is a great way to learn what [Zoom] has been for the opinions, ideas and perhaps even solutions to the improvement of the product. The in-depth understanding [zoom mixer] wishes and demands, and with sensitivity to receive these, is an important part of our trip.

We also hope to Lead the Customer becomes [Zoom] Ambassador and speak in warm terms about what [Zoom] uphill to create benefits and anticipated business opportunities in her life. Lead customers are those who go before and show the way for others. It is an important step, especially for our future [ZOOM], then we firmly believe in the idea of our product.

If by any chance we fail to deliver a [Zoom] that works well for Lead Customer, we undertake to buy back the product for the price it was bought.

As an added bonus, the Pioneer Customer also secured up their [Zoom] and given the opportunity to [zoom] out before the snow falls. Congratulations in advance!

Test run, we will offer soon. If you are interested in a demonstration or if you are interested in becoming a pioneer, type a few lines.
[Pioneer@zoomcamp.se]
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline dobedum

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
This is really awsome. Where can I get one. Price? The brand is zoomcamp I belive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rley_xVxB-Q

Is this guy craxxxy or what. Who is alex z. Is he the inventor??? Help me out.

Dobe

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
Yup I totally love that thing, and good on him for totally ripping on the down hill riders haha what a legend!

Great video, plus a fantastic high power innovative product available for those disabled. Good stuff :D

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
Agreed to all the comments above.

I saw one old fella in a mobility aid vehicle riding around at at least 19kph too fast for the design, and tipped over in the corner of the gutter.

This design is not just good It's fantastic.  Some lessons could be learned from its design. 

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »
Definitely...

Hey was it one of those 3 wheel ones? There is a big awareness or focus recently of people driving them drunk or high on prescription meds that was a major reason for the power of electric and motorised bicycles in Australia to remain at 200W in end of April this year.

I think if people are having to travel over roads and gutters they need something solid and stable like this 4 wheeler, it had no worries going over a gutter!

Oh yeah and they are all cast 16" MP wheels, wow when I had one of these on a bmx you would flip over if you even hit half throttle on take off and probably lost maybe 10 or so rpm going up a hill on a standard frame BMX; I'm grinning at the power of 4 of these, or even the thought of a 3 wheel drive recumbent with 20" cast rear and 16" fronts lol yipes
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:53:42 PM by MonkeyMagic »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »
This is really awsome. Where can I get one. Price? The brand is zoomcamp I belive.

Quote from: Google Swedish translation from www.zoomcamp.se
[Zoom]camp contact

For further inquiries are all welcome to call, email or send to PNEUMATIC DISPATCH:
Karri Zanderléhn: 070-766 16:55
karri@zoomcamp.com

or to the genius himself:
Michael Löfstrand: 070-488 38 55
milo@zoomcamp.com

It might be difficult writing an email in Swedish though.

Alan

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »

It might be difficult writing an email in Swedish though.

Alan

If you can’t, don’t try.  :D

It’s very unusual with Swedes who doesn’t understand English, so there shouldn’t be any problem to use it in a mail.

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »
That's what I thought
From my understanding, in school generally english and french/german was taught

Ja !

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 05:07:25 PM »
Monkey!

Nope it was 4 wheel granny mobile.

It was certainly juiced up as it was the fastest Ive seen to date.  He was riding around the town for some time.  Those things C.O.G are a little high to be taking the corners like he was.

This is what amazed me about the 4 wheel personal moon buggy Pie thing, is the stability,  I wonder if there is an efficiency mode with it.

Some part of a ride 4 wheels running would be using power just doing the RPM.  To be honest two wheels would of been OK but by the look of the 4X4 it's just all geneous, I suspect there is a efficiency mode and power mode and what not.  Too much thought went into building that beast.  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:10:00 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »
Hey mate ! :D

Well there's that inertia damper factor with wheelchairs. You can picture an everyday wheel chair with the 2 bigger wheels, then the front 'trolley' type rotation wheels. Then as you know; user will then spin the side of the wheelchair of which they want to turn.

Doing this with 2 motors over 4 wheels the same size, would have had much worse handling: depending if it was front or back then it would either turn to sharp, or be very wide in the turn.

With 4 wheels the same size gives it the off road ability I guess, then the controller would turn both wheels on 1 side to turn it very smoothly and not trying to 'pivot' or turn with poor angle.

What I was curious was if that 4x4 thing had suspension? That thing would have an incredible amount of torque with the 4 cast 16" wheels, would not even flinch on a 35deg hill for sure ;)