Author Topic: LIGHTING KIT  (Read 15994 times)

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: LIGHTING KIT
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »

[/quote]

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17311

Been done already.  Where you been for 6mths under that Alien rock.

40 amps at 110v.  Ha!  One more amp at that voltage = 110 watts more.  Scary volts that is.  8)
[/quote]

They never learn !

Well they still seem to have short circuit in there heads  THE GIF about 15 RPM !  speed it up or shut up !

Scary Volts !!!    :-\ try working on 3.3kv been there done that!   ;D ;D ;D  And no Smoke !!! ::)

May be you need to go back to your silo and keep the lid down !  And wait till someone has higher Authority to say you can speak!   ;D ;D ;D
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
3.3kv.

What at 1 amps, this is possible but plausable?

So show us your action Thaialien.  Id like to see your 3.3kv bicycle.  Or is this a train you rode on in your dreams?

LDL.

Bring it on

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
3.3kv.

What at 1 amps, this is possible but plausable?

So show us your action Thaialien.  Id like to see your 3.3kv bicycle.  Or is this a train you rode on in your dreams?

LDL.

As usual who said ebike ?  YOU !   follow the train of thought !     try Carrier !   uhmmmmm  you do know how to use the Internet !!!   just Trawl!!! ;D ;D ;D
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Wheel speed
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
THE GIF about 15 RPM !  speed it up or shut up !

Now I'm upset you have insulted my animation and I am compelled to respond in an appropriate manner:

For your information, the actual speed of the wheel is controlled by the throttle, as you twist the throttle the wheel will begin to spin faster:

Slight throttle      Increased throttle

If you find this concept too difficult to understand, don't worry, because you should get the hang of it with a little bit of practice.

Perhaps there should be a mention of this in the user guide to save any further confusion.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:18:03 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Thaialien Strikes again.

Again all troll and no action.

We see his 3,3kv cycle on youtube.

He thinks he built the Killacycle and even that is only 312 volts.  Oh maybe he doesn't even know what a 3.3kv means  Or maybe he means Kv RPM per volt.

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 08:52:48 AM »
LOL

I'm just laughing because the content is beginning to sound like it's coming out of my cloud!

And I feel compelled to respond with my dual drive lol who says monkeys don't have fun? :D

I take your anti-monkey comments and raise them 2 fold. Hungry? ;)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Lighting Kit
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »

Hi do these lights have voltage regulator built in ?   because all I see on sire is this.....

Front LED Light - 36V
Item Number ACC-001

Led's will not handle excess voltage not like motors !!  Please advise
Thank you !

They seem to work fine on any voltage. I have been using the same front and rear 36v LED lights on my 48v bike for a year now with no issue.

Gary
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:04:03 AM by GM Canada »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »
Monkey your bike could double as a high powered winch.  Or used to pull cows out of mud pits.

Any other uses we could think of?

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
Monkey are you using those pedal as a stand?   :o

::)  Oh dear.

When I tried using a 26" fork on the DYNO bike I could move the rear shock back along its mount to make it higher.  The balance  improved but still want good enough so I too moved back to 20" fork.

I keep thinking you still wont like it if you raise the back.  The fork and head set angle looks good to me.

Here is a good place to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_geometry#Steering_axis_angle

Some handy link at the bottom of this wiki link.

Maybe Alan can help with some bicycle geometry too..

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »
HAha nooo but you did make me laugh thinking that, you nearly can use the pedals as a stand!

I bought a new stand for it, it holds it up near upright and pretty strong. Much better than the bent 24" stand I was using that would poke me in the leg from time to time.

It's actually only really unsafe if I am riding one foot down same side as the corner and it will clip the ground. I pretty much ride with the pedals mid way the whole time. LOL the pedals don't do a thing unless I'm not using the motors now, so they might as well be painted on ;)

Anyways this has just prompted me to buy a hole tap from ebay and tap the pedals higher on the cranks then I'll just grind the cranks off
I think you are right about the head angle, it sits perfect for me now so maybe I'll throw the spring idea out and just tap the pedals.

I think it suits it well sitting so low to the ground though haha ;) it's a bit different

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 02:35:07 PM »
Anyways this has just prompted me to buy a hole tap from ebay and tap the pedals higher on the cranks then I'll just grind the cranks off
I think you are right about the head angle, it sits perfect for me now so maybe I'll throw the spring idea out and just tap the pedals.

That's not going to be as easy as you think, as they are different threads on each side. The right hand pedal has a right hand thread and the left hand pedal has a left hand thread. They're done like that to prevent the pedals from undoing themselves during use.

Alan

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Hmmm so you mean I built a dual drive for nothing !!! 
You could have said something sooner Alan geeez lol :D

Hmmm can't I just tap it from the other side of the crank on one side?

cheers

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Pedal clearance
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
Hmmm can't I just tap it from the other side of the crank on one side?

Unfortunately the thread will still be the same regardless of which side you thread it from.

Can you get hold of a shorter crank set from a kids bike that might fit your frame?

Or simply lengthen the forks like I did, I've got loads of clearance underneath my pedals now!

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:16:28 PM by Bikemad »

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
Dang... I thought so haha

It doesn't actually bother me unless I am pedaling absent minded around a corner and clip the ground. At worst it would fling the pedal back anyway.

Hey Alan where do you have batteries on your beast? Do you have some in the forks? That would be awesome.
Also it would be cool to ride tandem with you lol

I'm sure there would be some alternate cranks I could use, the bike shops I have been to just shake their head but I'm thinking its too small of job for them and usually are jealous that I have something they haven't seen knowing 'everything' about bikes and all.

I'll search around for a kids 20" mountain bike, surely theres something around I can make fit!

cheers

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
This isn’t really a problem since taps in those sizes are available for £15 to £20. As usual the problem comes down to money.  :D

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C