Author Topic: 3 beeps  (Read 18325 times)

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
Re: 3 beeps
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 08:10:50 PM »
So all you need now, are some cable-ties (kabel-strips på Norsk... ;) ), and make sure your new connections are properly connected and well insulated. ;)

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
SOLVED!!! - Sort of... And I learned a lot:D
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 08:14:14 PM »
Yes... I have them, but goint to use the yellow wire that isnt in use from the harness... checked connectivity. Will work. Now I have a big white(thick) wire from the back to the front:d only to test, but it worked:d

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
Ah, that would tidy it up nicely I think. :)

Seems to me that GM should improve their Quality Control at the factory level, and maybe not cut corners when it comes to wiring... There have been some posts here regarding those wirings...

I wish you some nice weather there up north, so you can enjoy your e-bike... ;)

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
I'm planning to design some silpe circuitos to check these componentes before shipping to clients.  For norte I will only have a Bike like setup to test the motors, and a spare motor to test the controllers.

For the cables just some ledes continuity tests - like plug the cable and be sure that all leds turn on. :)

I'm not sure if I will do for all sold systems or justiça a fred for control...

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Broken wire located
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 01:44:53 AM »
If the motor does not spin when 4 and 6 are linked, it could be due to a controller fault or a break (or short) somewhere along the thin red wire which runs between the controller and the socket.

Well done Karen,
good to hear you've manage to locate which of the suspected faults it actually was, and it's even better that you've been able to get it to work properly.

I hope it's not going to be too much hassle tidying up the wiring, and it would be nice to see some pictures of the finished result.

I still suspect that the motor is only running at half speed
And jikes! Iff that half speed,  :o I might need a bikers helmet and suit...
I hope you've ordered that helmet and suit now.

Alan

P.S. The next time I need help finding a wiring fault, guess who I'm going to turn to?  :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:24:45 PM by Bikemad »

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
Thanks again, Bikemad. Didnt get that helmet, but got one that turn heads... People up here think Im nuts going around in this one:D

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
Before and afterpictures of the wires, quite happy. Also made them about 10cm longer so it is possible to make the bike higher. Was nothing to go on there. Also used the yellow wire instead of the red one since it was not in use. I used a cat5-cable, thats a standard computer network cable.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:55:59 AM by karen »