Author Topic: Sh*T ass wires again... im tired of doing things aren't you guys? Look at this.  (Read 12511 times)

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
The cables that come from the throttle brake and cruise are different then from this 8 pin connector. So they sended me the wrong throttle brake and cruise.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Yes but if the problem exists with the controller side of the cabels wouldnt he have to replace them inside the hub?

Thats a massive job for an intermittent connection of one pin.

If its what I think it is, possibly tin the pin with solder and use the once plugged stay plugged approach.

This is a much smaller job than we previously assume.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:57:08 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
well no shot is always miss, or whatever you guys say when you try something:D
Ill see what I can do, but I seriously think it's not on the hub side... I hope

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Those plugs are easy to replace.

GM maybe able to send you out a few spares.  ;) 

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Its not all gloom and doom.  Just having the wrong plugs makes it a blessing in disguise.

You can replace the plugs by cutting the wires and crimping new male pins or their female sockets onto the wire and insert them into the plastic sockets.

Try see if they will give you a few plugs so if you make a mistake you can get it right the second time.

Its all good. I hope.

Bring it on

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Its not all gloom and doom.  Just having the wrong plugs makes it a blessing in disguise.

You can replace the plugs by cutting the wires and crimping new male pins or their female sockets onto the wire and insert them into the plastic sockets.

Try see if they will give you a few plugs so if you make a mistake you can get it right the second time.

Its all good. I hope.

But the reason I bought it all new to NOT do that

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
It important to know why it isn't working to replace the right cables or plugs..

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
I C.

Because you spent the $80 for new cables that was wrong you are entitled to new ones that are the right ones?.

But it is easy enough to fix one pin.

See what GM comes up with.

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Sorry it took so long!  Damn digital camera is so touchy, you can't see the pick but smudges.  So, had to use the cell phone and I use windows 7 with office 2007 and somewhere along the line *&%$# it's a bitch to finally get the pic's off the memory card.  Then change the pic format.  Pain in the you know what!!

Anyway, here it is.

Thank you for taking that time to post this.

Yes that's sharp.

You know you'd pretty unhappy if the cords were too short.  You could use these kits on tandem bikes and what-not

I take the plug lives inside that canister too?

You could put a few other goodies in there.  I can see heat sinks coming out the sides and all.  :P

Bring it on

Offline dfmerrifield

• Confirmed
LMAO

You know you'd pretty unhappy if the cords were too short.  You could use these kits on tandem bikes and what-not

I take the plug lives inside that canister too?

You could put a few other goodies in there.  I can see heat sinks coming out the sides and all.  Tongue

??? :Every thing is inside.  All that was left over, was put inside that little tube.  Couldn't hold nothing else at all.  That's why is said 2", and that's why you need 2"!  Then you can hold a few other goodies too!

Don

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
No kevin I get what is going on now. Remember you had the very first Magic Pie? that was with the old connectors, just ask dennis to send you a new set of brakes/cruise control/throttle. All Magic Pie wires are like that now, we don't have any old wires left. Anyway it'll look neater.

Offline dfmerrifield

• Confirmed
I was thinking on the 2.5" and getting that old Triumph maybe Bonneville oil pan look on the bike.  Oh well,  lost thoughts.

I only have to say one thing for Magic Motors!   GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So far, there have been very few companies out there there, that have been taking care of their costumers in any shape or form.  Not just for me but, you hear so much about "Buy, Buy, Buy and no support!"   I was really holding back on the buying of GM's products and I was totally surpassed in appeasement over their products and service.

Sorry!!  That's all I have to say tonight!!

Enjoy yours!

And to the wannnnnnnnnnnnnnna beeeeeeeeee's,"""" Pedal real fast into the wind and pretend your on a MP.""""

Don

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:08:11 AM by dfmerrifield »

Online Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Pie performance
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
And to the wannnnnnnnnnnnnnna beeeeeeeeee's,"""" Pedal real fast into the wind and pretend your on a MP.""""

Come on Don, the Magic Pie is faster than that, I would have said, "Pedal real fast with the wind and pretend your on a MP!" ;)

Alan

Offline dfmerrifield

• Confirmed
LMAO

Don