Author Topic: Spokes coming loose problem resolved at factory?  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Ryan

• Confirmed
Spokes coming loose problem resolved at factory?
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »
I have been reading about the engineering problem associated with the spokes coming loose on the wheel with the Magic Pie motor installed, and I have read that this will be resolved in the Magic Pie II (second release).  If I purchase a Magic Pie today, will I receive a wheel with the corrected spoke angles?  I do not want to be a scene in an episode of the History Channel's "Engineering Disasters."

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Spokes coming loose problem resolved at factory?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
Hello,

I do not have such problems with my Magic  Pie I. Just one or two times for the last months, but the spokes are something I check every 15 days by default and a simple tight solves it. I use the "tune" method to know that is tight enough, I tap with some tool the other spokes and hear the tone, and tight the loose one until it sounds the same tone.

This is common at any ebike and as far as I know it is recommended that you check your spokes every month for loose ones. At the Magic Pie the problem seems to be more often because of the large diameter of the motor and high angle spokes, but as I said, just check them every 15 days and no problem so far.

Bruno

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »
 tips   . in  my motocycles wheels I took the nut out and I put screew silicon (blue)   and I have no problem for a long long time .

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »
If I purchase a Magic Pie today, will I receive a wheel with the corrected spoke angles?

The simple answer is no, as Pie II has not yet been launched, and we are still waiting for a launch date, so until Pie II becomes available, you would obviously receive the existing Magic Pie.

Alan

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:30:06 AM »
tips   . in  my motocycles wheels I took the nut out and I put screew silicon (blue)   and I have no problem for a long long time .

This is the recommended and perfect solution! :D